[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
<t>This too is my problem that the person I care for is getting minimum help, I and another person take turns to take them shopping, but who would do the shopping if I and the other person did not exist?<br/> And how about all the other things in life , if an elderly person cannot cook and clean, wh...
<t>Hi<br/> Thanks for all your replys, I have tried the MP route, but it's basically the government cuts that are causing the problems, and the general lack of help and support for elderly, disabled and vulnerable in the community.<br/> <br/> And its us carers that have to take the brunt of it, I ha...
<t>Been now fighting for 3 and a half years, but just not got any help, I have been in mental health services but been discharged as they reckon it's upto Social Services.<br/> <br/> But I have just been told this morning by Social Services that if I am feeling suicidal I should goto my doctor.<br/>...
<t>Help is always available?<br/> I have been an unpaid carer for 13 years, my work was totally unsmpythetic to my caring needs, they wanted me to do more hours, I wanted to do less to fit around my caring dutys.<br/> I was never told about carers allowance had to find out for myself, perhaps if I h...
<t>I was emailed this by a friend in America.<br/> <br/> Caregiver syndrome is a condition of exhaustion,anger, rage or guilt that results from unrelieved caring for a chronically ill dependent.<br/> <br/> well I certainly have this, but what can be done about it, I have tried to get help but no hel...
<t>I am phoning up NHS staff and Social Services and everyone involved that i need to talk to is on holiday or annual leave as they call it.<br/> It is very frustratating as I as a carer never get a holiday but even if I did I would still have to be a carer, caring responsabilities don't go away whe...
<t>One of my relatives the whole flat is remote control, the windows have motors, on the front door is electric opening and closing operated by a remote control, the patio door is electric and opens by one click of a remote control.<br/> Social Services paid for it, assessed by OT as person had a st...
<t>Hi<br/> The direct payments assessment department has been contacted, a meeting was arranged, he tried his best to explain the extra help, all that I his friend was having to do.<br/> The social workers were not interested, they have judged he needs basic help, 2 hours on direct payments and that...
<t>Hi Pamr<br/> Social Services don't know I exist, but they are cutting services, they used to do a shopping service, but now they are supposed to rely on relatives/friends/neighbours. So I have ended up doing his shopping.<br/> It is a very difficult situation, I am also looking after my wife full...
<t>Hi<br/> Sorry I did not mean to mislead, the new staff come along and say that they have not used a hoist before, not had the training YET. So he cannot have a bath.<br/> There are qualified staff been working in caring 20 or 30 years fully experienced, but also staff who have literally been work...