[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Every time one of my carees gets cellulitis, it's a trip to the doctors 5 miles away or a trip to the hospital A&E , hours waiting. the doctors know she has Diabetes type 2 cellulitis a lot more likely, surely it would make sense to give her a prescription in advance to get antibiotics as soon as po...
I too have given up with Social Services, I am caring for one old gentleman who is in and out of hospital, clearly he needs more help and support but he is not eligible. Another has 2 unpaid carers looking after him basically full time, they need a break the old gentleman needs to go into respite fo...
To improve the lives of some of the most vulnerable in society. But the trouble is it isn't, even the simplest ask is refused, I have read about person centred care, but there just isn't , it's whats available not a lot and whether you qualify NO you don't. This old man needs proper care, someone to...
It does say in the article 5bn pounds spent on flawed NHS plan to treat OAPS at home. It was supposed to reduce the numbers of oaps admitted to A&E by providing extra money to the NHS and councils for community nurses or extra care workers to prevent and reduce ill health.But in fact admissions have...
Can someone tell me about the Better Care Fund, was in the paper supposed to help over 65's with long term conditions. Been trying to get some help for an over 65, any attempt to get help he is not eligible. The BCT says about extra care to help peoples health deteriorating, he's in bad health alrea...
I very much agree with this, I am often having to tidy up after the carers, the paid carers have made the mess, it is me the unpaid carer who has to clean it up. I just don't know how they manage it, every day there is a spill, the floor is often sticky, but no one cleans up. The toilet issue, aroun...
A while ago my partners benefits weren't paid, kept checking but no money, had to ring up. Then my benefits didn't turn up, had to ring up again, computer had lost all the information. Now one of our friends benefits hasn't turned up, they were on the phone, again computer problems. Have others had ...
Have you tried Ebay, there are plenty on there, Just literally type in video door bell, some send the images to a mobile phone, some you can have a little monitor, you could display within sight of your wife. An electronic door lock needs to be fitted, the device can send a signal to unlock the door...
This is in a nutshell what myself and another unpaid carer in my town are doing, on top of looking after our relatives, looking after single disabled people where there just is no family. There are no kids to come around and look after them, no other relatives, they are totally alone, There is no so...
The staff nurses in general just seem to have little idea on how to handle chronically disabled people as a whole. They sort expect the patients to look after themselves, wash, feed and dress themselves, if You can't wash etc at home and need home care then of course you need the care at hospital. A...