[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
<t>To clarify the situation I am caring for my wife full time, but I am also caring for an elderly person, lets call him Bill- I suppose as many people do I am helping and supporting Bill as basically there is no one else, no family etc.<br/> <br/> To furthur complicate things Bill has a friend who ...
<t>I am trying to get a break from caring, Social Services have offered my caree a day centre but he doesn't want to goto a day centre. I agree why force someone out of their own home to give a carer a break.<br/> <br/> I have now been told about a sitting service but again the caree does not want a...
<t>I have a copy of the carees assessment and a copy of my carers assessment, nothing say anything about critical so thats maybe why I am not getting any help.<br/> What are critical needs?<br/> <br/> But it's all the unmet needs that are increasing, the waiting lists are getting longer, problems wi...
<t>Hi<br/> The problem is that I have not been told of any of these organisations, I have been assesed and thats it no services have been provided or any info where to go.<br/> so yes I think these organisations exist, but whether the person I look after would want befriending services.<br/> But the...
<t>Basically what help am I entitled to, I need a break but if there is no replacement services then I cannot have a break.<br/> Legally carers are not entled to help until the new care bill comes in 2015.<br/> The services are being cut , the caree's still need the services, the burden is just incr...
<t>Hi<br/> Just to say I am still around still hanging on, getting zero help in my caring situation which because of the social care cuts are getting worse and worse.<br/> The welfare freeze is really beginning to bite here, my caree's are getting worse and needing more support but the support is ju...
<t>Hi<br/> Still trying to work out my situation, I am a unpaid carer caring for as the government says, someone who cannot manage without help and support.<br/> But the person I am caring for is caring for someone else.<br/> But the person I am caring for cannot care for someone else without help s...
<t>This too is my problem that the person I care for is getting minimum help, I and another person take turns to take them shopping, but who would do the shopping if I and the other person did not exist?<br/> And how about all the other things in life , if an elderly person cannot cook and clean, wh...
<t>Hi<br/> Thanks for all your replys, I have tried the MP route, but it's basically the government cuts that are causing the problems, and the general lack of help and support for elderly, disabled and vulnerable in the community.<br/> <br/> And its us carers that have to take the brunt of it, I ha...
<t>Been now fighting for 3 and a half years, but just not got any help, I have been in mental health services but been discharged as they reckon it's upto Social Services.<br/> <br/> But I have just been told this morning by Social Services that if I am feeling suicidal I should goto my doctor.<br/>...