[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
One of my carees temporarily moved back in with her mother who is single living alone in her house . Her illness is such that she just cannot live on her own at the moment. So the mother has lost the 25 per cent single persons discount on the council tax. Is there anything that can be done its only ...
There must be somewhere, what council are you? if you can tell me this, if not fair enough, But you can get counselling over the phone nowadays, I have a caree who is going through exactly the same issue. They have gone private luckily the family have a good income, I realise you cannot do that prob...
The NHS just don't give constant support, I got 6 sessions counselling that was that, its not what you need, its what is on offer. Have you tried charitys for counselling, around my area a couple of charitys got money from the lottery and do counselling, just google counselling in your area or GP , ...
The PTSD is due to a crime I did read in a magazine that a lady who had been sexually assaulted by a relative, similar situation to your wifes. They went to the Police and the criminal injurys board, she was awarded compensation which she used to get long term councelling/psychotherapy. Bit of a lon...
Freezing cold outside, old gent down the road needs his ears syringing, has asked about someone coming to the house, oh no we don't do that anymore. Asked about the flu jab, can the district nurse come out and do the flu jab and syringe his ears. No we don't do the flu jab anymore can he pop down to...
It is not just children services, the adult services are diabolical, one of my carees had problems for years took an overdose, was in A&E for hours, saw the crisis team and was discharged with a load of leaflets of places that they knew about already. The places had done little to help passed them a...
This is my problem, I have been told that the council should meet all assessed needs but they don't.
Hi they were diagnosed by a neurologist 15 years ago, was going for treatment but treatment ended, the NHS just don't treat for ever, a limited number of sessions and that's it. Had an EEG, Epilepsy ruled out, a psychological reason for the fits- Trauma in the past. 15 years later the fits have incr...
Caree has had fits for years, basically GP has done nothing but a private therapy organisation has now got involved and called it Dissociative seizures.

Can anyone advise there's basically no help available, I did ask the local carers centre but they didn't seem to know much about this condition?
Although this is not your job to sort this out, there are charities that help, help the aged/age uk in my area do all sorts of services transport to gp hospital, shopping, handyman, befriending service. Often though as other members will say the elderly don't want charitys, want relatives, friends, ...