[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Can someone tell me a bit about this carers respite payment, I am in very similar circumstances, I have been caring for my wife for 15 years. I cannot work due to illness, I cannot work anyway because my wife needs full time help and support. I live in North Yorkshire, is this carers respite payment...
The guidelines that the carer should be involved in the discharge package, I have never been involved by any hospital, basically never spoken to, I don't exist. Maybe I need a T shirt saying i am an unpaid carer. In many cases exactly as the article says, patients are just sent home and basically du...
In my situation there are no relatives, these are often single elderly people living on their own, there is no partner, there are no kids living in to help, there are no relatives living nearby. It is friends and neighbours that are having little choice but to help. To give my example Mr Smith is in...
Article in one of the papers about bed blocking, more than 2 million spent by hospital by bed blockers , patients were well enough to go home but no social care package had been arranged. If that is happening all over the country then it must be costing the NHS a fortune plus taking away beds for pe...
The problem is that Wardens are getting cut, cost too much money, so often elderly people have no on site support. In the good old days, like on open all hours, you could get shopping delivered from your local shop, I don't know anyone around here that does that. You can go on the internet, get shop...
I agree that hospitals are sending people home with no consideration of their needs, they may be fit to go home or not ill enough to be in hospital. But there is little consideration of their home life, the people might just have been on the edge of coping and the incident that caused the stay in ho...
We too have double glazing, live in a modern flat and it is still cold, can you identify cold spots or is the whole house just cold. Social housing providers have felt the crunch recently and just cannot afford to spend thousands, maybe you need to look at other sources of help. Is your boiler fairl...
Can someone explain the Care Act, In April 2015, some parts of the Act come into effect and carers will be entitled to help. How does this work and what kind of help? As I am getting Zero help mainly refusal/lack of services, I don't see how how the Council can suddenly magic up this help? Can someo...
From my understanding, The motability car is only for the use of the person who the car is contracted to, e.g to take them out shopping, doctors, hospital etc. The carer can use the car but only again if the trip is related to the contracted person, e.g collecting a prescription or running an errand...
I too have been bombarded with leaflets, wanting my vote but nothing is mentioned about social care, all the potential candiates have their own agendas, schools, traffic problems etc etc. I will be emailing all about the social care problems, I know a lot of disabled and elderly, the help is just be...