[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Colin think you have hit the nail on the head, the double glazing is very old, the double glazed door and windows unit takes up half the wall, 6 or 7 foot width, full height floor to ceiling you can feel the cold coming through, you put a thermometer near then there is 7 degrees difference from the ...
I have considerable experience of mental health caring so will try my best to help, is there any reason for these episodes-typical reason might be abuse in the past? In which case councelling would be the answer. Has he actually seen the crisis team, if you attend A&E then they should call the menta...
Carees flat is just very cold, all the windows and doors you can feel the coldness, it should be toasty warm according to the adverts. There is double glazing fitted, but old cheap 20 years old, its a social housing not council, the housing association just won't do anything, they say the house is a...
In the paper today, yet another plan brought out by the government to improve elderly care/keep the elderly out of hospital. There will be extra staff teams of doctors and nurses will be on hand to give extra support. Pharmacists will visit to make sure elderly are taking the right drugs for their i...
one of my carees had the winter vomiting bug, very ill, contacted the GP who did nothing, keep warm , plenty of fluids and that's about it really. The caree very disabled has carers but only couple times a day, rest of the day caree totally on their own, basically very ill, if it wasn't one end it w...
Not defending the workmen at all but they have to pay to get rid of trade waste at the local tip, so could spend hundreds of pounds getting rid of waste. I think they have to have a waste disposal licence as well. But they shouldn't be getting rid of their waste in your bin. Lock on the bin? I know ...
If your wife is seeing someone from Mental Health services, is there a key worker/care co Ordinator, someone to make sure your wife gets the help she needs? I had a friend with schizophrenia and he had a CPN visit weekly, community Pyschiatric nurse, can you ask for a CPN, they might be able to pull...
Think it would be worth applying for CHC NHS Continuing Health Care, I am in a similar situation, providing massive amounts of care.
No one else has replied, I too am exhausted and depressed, every day is the same I am sure you feel like that too. And the moaning seems to come with the territory, the soaps too hot too cold doesn't taste right , it's tomatoe soup it will taste of tomatoes. you are getting to the point of not being...
There are also voluntary agencies/charitys that will provide a sitter to give you a break, never used them myself , I think it's called Crossroads in my area.

They won't do care but chat, play chess, cards etc, gives an unpaid carer chance to go out shopping, doctors etc.