[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
One of my carees has recently been diagnosed with Sleep apnea, and the transformation after using the cpap machine is incredible. He used to be a bear with a sore head, got of bed the wrong side, a lot less grumpy now. The nurse said that sleep is disrupted dozens of times in a night, you are not ge...
How about when you go to hospital as you are ill and need to go to hospital to get better, you lie on a trolley for hours in A&E, no food no drink, no one with you to talk to or get a snack/coffee from the machine for you. You then borrow a mobile from the kind lady in the next cubicle, phone a frie...
In our area we have a few voluntary schemes Dial a ride, a charity that has an adapted minibus, a ramp or lift on the backend to allow wheelchairs in. You just phone up give a bit of notice and they will transport you doctors hospital shopping etc, Social Services should be able to advice or even yo...
If your partner has had tests for epilepsy and they are negative, it could be NON Epileptic Attack Disorder, this is as the name suggests not epilepsy where there are physical brain problems. It is thought of as mental health caused by deep trauma, so therapy can help. NEAD is pretty rare unknown to...
Trying to help one of my carees as the title suggests diagnosed with diabetes 2, was on tablets but not working now taking insulin injection once a day. Having more bad days than good, 2-3 days feeling really awful, tired, headaches/migraine, having to lie down in dark room, really tired just wiped ...
I would like to add that when a caree is discharged when they shouldn't be unsafe discharge then it does cause problems further down the line. Seeing the O.T. at the hospital could have resulted in extra help and delayed or reduced my caree getting worse. They are now needing a lot more help which c...
So does this mean the council should provide night care for my caree, they have been assessed as needing night care but the council don't do night care.

Sounds a very similar case .
There is a North Yorkshire unpaid carers strategy to make sure unpaid carers are properly supported, I am getting no support so that's working well. The government have produced a lot of guidance "carers at the heart of 21st century families and communitys" To let carers maintain a balance between t...
I was on incapacity benefit which is a clashing benefit, now on ESA but again understand you can't be on ESA and carers allowance.

Never been able to get any help advice on benefits so don't know.

If I can I have missed out on 20 years worth, a lot of money.
I agree there seems to be the contact Social Services, there seems to be a presumption by others either professional or voluntary that Social Services will provide a full care package. And thus carers are relieved of their burden, free to work rest and play like the advert. Many disabled I know are ...