[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hi Lizzie trying to click on these links at the bottom of the first page:- Links to key websites are below: Carers Assessment: https://webmail.carersuk.org/owa/redir. ... assessment Needs Assessment: https://webmail.carersuk.org/owa/redir. ... assessment Calm https://webmail.carersuk.org/owa/redir. ...
The combination of not eating, weight loss and swollen abdomen suggests bowel problems sorry I am not an doctor or expert but do have a lot of experience. So a scan is the first thing they should be doing. It is very common for the elderly to have bowel problems, constipation due to medication or ot...
A lot of the carers I have seen actually come from another town to ours, which is 15 miles away and that's no problem. I travel regularly to the supermarket, that's 4 miles away, only about 10 mins in the car. Other care agencies in my town cover the little villages, that's 6 miles away, no probs. Y...
Just check that the key is in the key safe every so often, the amount of carers who take the key out and put the key in the pocket. Then suddenly remember when at home. We have a clever system, the emergency pendent company had stored and could pass on the number of the key safe to the ambulance ser...
Not locking the door is a safeguarding issue and needs reporting, Your mum is vulnerable and living in the community and needs to be protected from harm. Leaving the door unlocked, anyone can wonder in. And be careful with the keysafe number, one carer wrote down all the names and address's and key ...
Can anyone advise, caree been diagnosed with diabetes 2, blood sugar was the G.P. pointed out through the roof. The medication hasn't been working, so seen the diabetic clinic, come home with a bag of medication, blood sugar meter, test strips and needles. A daily insulin injection and a weekly inje...
I live in north Yorkshire North Yorkshire County council, I live in an area lot of disabled people generally, an hour and a half morning care, get you up washed dressed, breakfast, sort out the washing etc. Some were lucky to get a lunch call half an hour, a tea call half an hour, toilet, microwave ...
Unfortunatly the assessors don't always tell the truth, whether they were trying to cut down on claims I don't know. We had similar that we could cook meals, I had M.E. was not well, my wife was very ill, the kitchen you could see no one had cooked meals for months, dust etc. The cooker wasn't wired...
Sorry these are 2 separate G.P. surgerys, one had common sense, the G.P. giving flu jabs when she visited her elderly/disabled patients.

Another insisted that elderly and disabled had to travel to the surgery rain or shine, to get their flu jabs.
I had exactly the same issue, I took my caree for the flu jab, I asked could I have a flu jab? NO Not Allowed. But what happens if the unpaid carer is ill and unable to care, what if hundreds of unpaid carers get flu and are unable to care? I asked the reception, no you are not on the list, you have...