[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
There is no social care package, the criteria now to get help is very high, so not many qualify, then its just a basic care package, minimal carers, no emergency and night care, no shopping, no cleaning. So no support worker, its the usual story, the elderly/disabled left on their own to cope depend...
I am spending hours and hours trying to sort out my carees issues and haven't even got time to deal with my own health problems. Its just continuous filling in forms, telephone calls, contacting people , I am told to contact the GP, you can't just phone up and talk to the GP, it doesn't work like th...
The mental health services in my area have increased community support, to keep people safe and well and out of hospital. They should have a community mental health team to help and advise as well as the crisis team. And it is only the most very ill that get a hospital bed. One of my carees took an ...
Unfortunatly the situation is very common, there are limited resources, there is not a bottomless pit of money to provide the care so both GP help and Social Care help is limited. Which of course isn't much help to the patients and puts strain on the carers having to rush from house to house just no...
Is this any good? https://www.kentcht.nhs.uk/service/community-nursing/ We care for patients in their own homes, including residential homes, with the aim of ensuring they do not have to go into hospital unnecessarily. We look after people who are housebound and need nursing and carry out procedures...
The dosette boxes are i think it's either £250 or £500 a year plus the extra time popping out all the tablets which as you say 20 different drugs a day, that would take a long time to prepare the dosette boxes. If there is a town with a high elderly/disabled population, chemists are overwhelmed by r...
I am continually looking at guidance from NHS England but the NHS in my area just seem to ignore NHS England guidance. I am told to contact NHS England to sort this out. NHS England will help me with a complaint against the GP but shouldn't NHS England be taking action anyway. I don't want to go thr...
Fibromyalgia is just such a misunderstood invisible condition.

Tried asking about a support group but there just isn't one in our area.

Just hasn't had any help treatment support for years.
The GP has referred my caree to the local pain clinic but there is a long waiting list. So what can be done in the meantime? The GP wants my caree to take less painkillers but that just leaves my caree in more pain and unable to do anything. Which means that the unpaid carer has to do more e.g me. T...
The carers assessment should lead to a package of help and support for an unpaid carer. Regular breaks. Emotional support. Help advice about all aspects of caring. A personal budget/grant to buy unpaid carer services/support. Help filling in forms/help with benefits. But sometimes you just get no he...