[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
As Eun says it is not just Oaps, another lady I help has arthritus, only in her 40's, she has applied to the council who have refused all help.
Again it is left to family and friends to help this lady.
I honestly don't know if he would but why has no one e.g his social worker told him or arranged extra help from voluntary agencys. He can do shopping but easier if someone takes him in a car and of course raining or winter more difficult to go shopping. And then he would need someone to cook the foo...
The problem here is that he is at risk and vulnerable, if a disabled person gets deemed "unable to cope" then rather than giving more help, they are put back into care. Bill doesn't want to go into care, I have argued that he will be well looked after, meals cooked, help available day and night but ...
My complaint took months and months, the website says to resolve complaints as quickly as possible or words to that effect but it took months.
Nothing has been resolved, I agree with the origanal poster, I just haven't got any more fight in me and don't know where to turn.
I had a carers assessment, I asked for a lot of help but got absolutely no help. surely there must be an easier way of challenging the assessement results then going through complaints, it takes months to go through complaints. The LA in my case is trying to give me breaks by arranging day centres b...
They are left alone to do everyday tasks. This was in one of the papers the other day. Hundreds of thousands of elderly people are struggling to get out of bed in the morning, wash themselves and prepare meals because they are not getting enough support at home. David Cameron has allowed home care s...
I am still seeking help and advice through the system, I have had a carers assessment ended up with no help. I am still strugglying with Bill, I saw him at the supermarket the other day, it was pouring down with rain So I could hardly leave him to walk home in the rain. I helped him in with his shop...
NICE have treatment guidelines on depression and physical health problems. I am a carer with physical health problems and depression and getting zero co ordinated treatment. clearly these NICE guidelines aren't getting through to the medical profession. It has been proven that people with physical h...
Wife first Bill second, the problem is that I simply cannot look after my wife, 24/7/365, it is just not possible to care full time without seeing friends for support, impossible to just sit in the house day after day caring caring caring.. Bill is a friend but a friend with problems. Dump Bill yes ...
I have attended dozens of hospital appointments but never been recognised or understand as a carer, I am just the one that provides the transport and sits in the waiting room. In my experience the NHS presume that Social Services basically do everything, maybe 5 or 10 years ago Social Services did, ...