[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
I live in north Yorkshire North Yorkshire County council, I live in an area lot of disabled people generally, an hour and a half morning care, get you up washed dressed, breakfast, sort out the washing etc. Some were lucky to get a lunch call half an hour, a tea call half an hour, toilet, microwave ...
Unfortunatly the assessors don't always tell the truth, whether they were trying to cut down on claims I don't know. We had similar that we could cook meals, I had M.E. was not well, my wife was very ill, the kitchen you could see no one had cooked meals for months, dust etc. The cooker wasn't wired...
Sorry these are 2 separate G.P. surgerys, one had common sense, the G.P. giving flu jabs when she visited her elderly/disabled patients.

Another insisted that elderly and disabled had to travel to the surgery rain or shine, to get their flu jabs.
I had exactly the same issue, I took my caree for the flu jab, I asked could I have a flu jab? NO Not Allowed. But what happens if the unpaid carer is ill and unable to care, what if hundreds of unpaid carers get flu and are unable to care? I asked the reception, no you are not on the list, you have...
Sometimes the district nurses have the job of doing flu jabs for housebound people.

Otherwise it's the g.p. ours came to the house with some flu jabs in her bag just in case, saves a trip down to the surgery.

Give the g.p. surgery a ring, see what they say.
I never saw paid carers wash their hands, I bought expensive antibacterial soap, I didn't want to get ill, I also bought that gel stuff, put a big one on the table by the telephone, can't miss it. No one used the gel, same with the hospital, when I go to and leave the hospital I did the gel, didn't ...
I asked at my G.P. surgery about unpaid carers, answer was basically nothing, I should talk to the G.P., I discussed the fact that I was an unpaid carer, his response was. Nothing to do with him, see Social Services, so that was helpful. I have heard other places that a carer support worker from the...
Sorry I just realised that the show was on last weekend, so why Motability are still advertising it right on the front page.
They are normally every 3 months, I went to one in Manchester a few years ago and it was really good a lot of cars/wavs to look at.
If you phone the companys up they can bring out cars/WAVs for you to try but WAVs are expensive, WAVs take your full allowance plus you need to pay a deposit. Normally quite expensive for the wheelchair in the front ones. Also Motability do big shows, you can wonder around see dozens of cars/Wavs et...
"According to the Care Act, Needs Assessments should be updated annually. A Care Plan cannot be finalised until it takes into consideration the needs of the carer looking after that person. It's NOT just a bit of paper anyone can do, it's a really important part of the assessment care plan process."...