[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
<t>I am phoning up NHS staff and Social Services and everyone involved that i need to talk to is on holiday or annual leave as they call it.<br/> It is very frustratating as I as a carer never get a holiday but even if I did I would still have to be a carer, caring responsabilities don't go away whe...
<t>One of my relatives the whole flat is remote control, the windows have motors, on the front door is electric opening and closing operated by a remote control, the patio door is electric and opens by one click of a remote control.<br/> Social Services paid for it, assessed by OT as person had a st...
<t>Hi<br/> The direct payments assessment department has been contacted, a meeting was arranged, he tried his best to explain the extra help, all that I his friend was having to do.<br/> The social workers were not interested, they have judged he needs basic help, 2 hours on direct payments and that...
<t>Hi Pamr<br/> Social Services don't know I exist, but they are cutting services, they used to do a shopping service, but now they are supposed to rely on relatives/friends/neighbours. So I have ended up doing his shopping.<br/> It is a very difficult situation, I am also looking after my wife full...
<t>Hi<br/> Sorry I did not mean to mislead, the new staff come along and say that they have not used a hoist before, not had the training YET. So he cannot have a bath.<br/> There are qualified staff been working in caring 20 or 30 years fully experienced, but also staff who have literally been work...
<t>Person I am friends with/ partially care for (unpaid carer) has an agency providing staff at the moment getting him up every morning wash dress etc, the agency have over 100 staff and a high turnover so often has brand new staff.<br/> He is spending increasing amounts of time effectively training...
<t>Hi ellcee<br/> Thats what we were told after being refused an electric wheelchair on the NHS, use the DLA mobility to buy a private electric wheelchair, but every penny of our DLA mobility goes to a WAV to transport an electric wheelchair.<br/> Except that we haven't got an electric wheelchair.<b...
<t>This is exactly the same for adults see my other post, my wife who has severe fibromyalgia can just manage inside BUT because she can manage inside denied an electric wheelchair outside.<br/> If you look on the internet this is a national policy, there are appeals for change by whizzkids and othe...
<t>Hi<br/> I am a full time carer to my wife for 11 years, she was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and has severe mobility problems.<br/> I too have fibromyalgia although not as bad.<br/> We get little help and support and understanding, Fibo what whats that, chronic pain, oh yes I have a sore shoulder ...
<t>Thanks for all your replys, had a relook at the rules, and the the rules are that you have to be not able to walk. My wife can walk with pain therefore cannot have an electric wheelchair.<br/> The criteria is for people for literally cannot walk or not physically able to walk.<br/> My wife can wa...