[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Your daughter should have received a copy of the discharge plan and if your daughter was in agreement you should have received one as well. Ask for a copy of it to see what it says? There is the Mental Health triangle of care where the service user-your daughter, the carer-that's you and the mental ...
Your daughter should have had a support assessment/discharge plan including what care she needed out of the hospital. And who to contact in case of issues, crisis or emergency. Has she any follow up appointments? There is a mental health community team to help people in the community with mental ill...
Any caring situation is stressful and damaging to family relationships, the amount of times I had to run around and help my friend leaving my wife on her own. As my friends health got worse and worse there was massive amounts of disruption to my family life. There were days when I literally couldn't...
Sounds like you need an advocate , someone who can write letters, make phone calls, help you access services easily. Social Services can tell you about local advocacy services available, or you may even be entitled to one through the Care Act. Our O.T. department is pretty useless, and they just hav...
My G.p. has been incredibly unhelpful, does not understand at all about the unpaid caring role, that I should contact Social Services. Same g.p. as my friend surely they should realised and made sure I was receiving support. But no nothing to do with them. I have contacted Social Services at every s...
It has been some time since my caree passed away, I was caring basically full time, no support supplied at all.

I am just not sleeping, I am constantly tired but can't sleep or do sleep but wake up still tired yawning through the day.
Have you asked about a carers passport? "A Carer Passport in a hospital is a simple tool which identifies someone as being in a caring role for one of the hospital’s patients, involving them more fully in the patient’s care, and connecting them with further support." The one at my hospital enabled y...
In Chat magazine dated 31st October issue 44 page 20. A lady who had anger problems for years and years and years. She saw a private Psychiatrist who after a year diagnosed Borderline Personality Disorder. She was put on medication, saw a therapist and feels a lot better, her moods are under control...
I just can't see how these care agencies make any money, they have so much to pay for , uniforms, thousands of disposable gloves and aprons, the office and staff, all the bills electric etc, telephone, insurance, national insurance and of course wages and fuel. And the poor carers working all hours ...
Many others are in the same situation, social services arrange the most basic minimum of care and then leave you to get on with it. Social Services should be helping and supporting you especially as you are looking after both mum and your sister. Have you had a carers assessment, do Social Services ...