[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
I didn't care voluntarily for my friend, i didn't want to care but was forced in to it simply from the lack of proper care. so i didn't jump up, stick my hands up and say yes I will care, we don't have a choice. The Carers Action Plan, i haven't seen any action, no one has ever heard of it, i just g...
Its all about money and budgets, one social worker said would love to give more help but not allowed. I think its very difficult for social workers, in the old days they did help, nowadays the budgets are limited and social workers just can't, they are cutting services not increasing services. So a ...
I have found social workers don't toe the line, the social worker is just the messenger, the intermediary, its the managers that make the decisions and they are fixed. Butterfly I have sent you a link through the message system, i really do think you need a lot more help, I hope this place can help ...
We have choices nowadays about end of life and there should be extra support available for you and your husband. You should have the choice nowadays, home or hospice and the extra support should be provided. Your doctor doesn't sound at all helpful and not sympathetic to your issues. I don't know if...
https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/wales/family/looking-after-people/direct-payments-w/problems-with-direct-payments-w/ This link is actually from Wales but its the same principles. Legally you are entitled to have direct payments, also called a personal budget, giving you more choice and control. Un...
Direct payments are to give you more choice and control, you get the money, you employ your own carers rather than council carers or i think you can do a combination yours and council. No they can't stop Direct Payments, has your mum got better and doesn't need the care? No then your mum is still en...
Looking after my caree with memory issues, time and time again she tells people to email as she just cannot remember what people say on the telephone. People just ignore this, i go around and she says a lady phoned up today, who she can't remember. I have to play the guessing game. I have been helpi...
This is the problem , they expect people are ill to do all this, well they can't, ring this person, ring that person, they are supposed to sit there all day waiting for someone to get back to them. One of my carees, paid carers come to the man next door, then drive away and come back up to 3 hours l...
But the thing is if i don't follow these up me and my caree will just end up with no help don't want my caree taking another overdose. She Needs help, we asked almost 3 months ago, still waiting for the wheels to go into motion. If i give up, no help will be supplied. I keep getting told about advoc...
Yes they do that, you have to play by their rules, if you can take a photocopy of the forms, or just photo them with a digital camera in case they lose them. And send Recorded or even Special Delivery guaranteed NEXT day delivery, again they can't say they haven't received you have the receipt from ...