[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
The system is very confusing if you haven't used it before, many people don't understand the difference between Social Services and Social Security. Now they are called Adult Services and the Department of Work and Pensions, but old names die hard! Sounds like your brother needs some help to fill i...
<t>Yeah i think you maybe right there Bowlingbun. I asked him the other day if he had involved the social services.He said he had and i asked if he was dads carer and he said no.I said you may be entitled to carers allowance.He said the social would sort it.The social will only do so much you have t...
Happy Birthday for tomorrow Pete.Hope you have a great day matey Image
Cheers for that Pete mate all us carers are stars.Shame some people dont realise that. Image
Excellent idea.We shall watch for that leaflet and get some bought in November.Well done Royal Mail.
Hi john, when my grandad was diagnosed, we just took one day at a time and went with the flow. I know its hard for your john as your already caring, do you think your bro is frightend an thats why hes nasty to you? Hi India yeah it could well be but like ive explained hes always had a nasty quick t...
This is a journey that we are just starting out on. The advice and support from members on here has been 2nd to none. Even though I know it was difficult for them, they still shared so much of their own experiences to help me understand ours that bit more. Talking Point on Alzheimers site is a grea...
Sorry to hear this John, as you know I look after Mum who has dementia, but I don't really know what advice to give you, I've just learnt and coped as I've gone along. As Susieq says, each case is different. Your Brother will find it difficult, but I understand that you cannot help as much as you w...
JohnT, could your dad come to visit you for a few hours - if he came whilst Trish was there - you wouldn't lose your respite and who knows he might be a welcome distraction/bit of company for Trish too. Melly1 Well Melly he could but according to bro hes not fit to drive and the last time dad came ...
<t>Hi Susie.Yeah sadly its an all too common illness isnt it.Bro has already been in touch with the Alzheimers society thats where the info came from that he gave me to take home with me.Whilst im concerned of course i dont know what i can do from this end as i cant be in 2 places at once i cannot l...