[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Pretty hellish day today when we got to the hospital Robert had been sitting in his wheelchair totally alone (he is supposed to have a named nurse whose responsibility is supposed to be Robert) with a mouthful of grogger which had been there for 15 minutes (he could have aspirated!!) I had to get it...
Perhaps you can console yourself with the fact that at least your dad was able to live long enough to have a life. My 31 year old son is stuck in Intensive care after having a tracheostomy and he also has the progrrssive muscle wasting condition DMD - a muscle wasting condition for which there is no...
I use a rollator - feel much safer with it than I ever felt with a walking stick, plus you have somewhere to put your stuff.

Eun
Still waiting on the cushion being sorted out - 4 weeks now. It has to come from America to England and then to Scotland. Ridiculous length of time in my opinion. He's still up and down mentally a lot depending on the attirudes of some of the nurses he gets - some are good and some are shall we say ...
My husband already gets carers allowance for me as I get DLA at the top rates for mobility and care but the woman on the phone says you cannot get a carers discount for your spouse. So happens we are managing financially due to the loss of my mother sand father in law and our inheritance from them b...
Had a phone call this morning to tell us there will now be a large increase in our council tax because son is in hospital and because I am no longer in receipt of CA. They do like to kick when you are down don't they?

Eun
Neither as i am allergic to eggs! Something else I passed on to son along with DMD and Type 2 Diabetes!

Eun
I had a tens machine which caused me excruitiating pain. This was because doctors were telling me that my problems were muscular when infact I had 4 fractured vertebrae due to undiagnosed osteoporosis! Every time I used the machine it sent the muscles round the fractured vertebrae into spasm thus ca...
We bought my son's urine bottles from Boots - they only cost around a fiver. I bought two because I keep one in sterilising solution whilst he is using the other.

Eun
I am now considered by the Government and the DWP to no longer be a carer even though my husband and I are up at the hospital every day for between 6 and 8 hours and do his suction and are being trained in his trachy care. The form asked me when I stopped caring but I refuse to fill it in as I am st...