[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Our 31 year old son has been in the ICU for more than 6 months. They stopped his DLA and my carers allowance after 28 days and to add insult to injury took the carers discount off our council tax even though my husband and I are up at the hospital 7 hours a day doing the nurses jobs for them. The pa...
I am sorry to hear this Vanessa. My 31 year old severely disabled son is in a similar position. He has been in Intensive care for 28 weeks yesterday and is completely unable to operate the button to call for help. He is supposed to have one to one support but they keep taking his nurse off him to go...
We lost the discount on our council tax because Rob is in hospital and my ca was stopped. They told us that you cannot get the discount for a husband or wife. My husband gets CA for me and I get High rate DLA. Our sons DLA has been stopped.

Eun
Bear in mind this does not apply in Scotland as it was abolished last year by the SNP.

Eun
Robert doesn't know it yet but a couple of Partick Thistle players are coming up to the hospital next week to visit him. Its been organised through the disabled supporters club so here's hoping it cheers him up a bit.

Eun
Well my husband and I are being used in place of the nurses in the ICU and we don't get paid a ha'penny!

Eun
Double park next to her and stop her from getting out.....
Then after you have had your carer's assessment they will tell you that you will be marked down as "unmet need" cos they don't have enough money (allegedly).

Eun
What's hard is living with the knowledge that your child has a terminal illness and that although he has outlived his prognosis his days are numbered. Its like you are greiving whilst he is still here and being told 5 times in 5 months so far to prepare to lose him is hard to deal with too.

Eun
Dear all I am having a "disagreement" with someone on Facebook at the moment. She says that people who do it for a wage are "carers". She tells me I am not a carer - simply a mother but she is a carer. I get dogs abuse when I try to point out if you get paid for it you are a care "worker" and reques...