[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Thank you Teresa but Robert is 31 and we live in Scotland where the Scottish government are not interested and would prefer people like my son hurry up and die and don't cost anything whilst doing so....Besides respite will no longer be applicable to us since the SW have agreed to pay for Rob's 24/7...
Its just a pity that adult hospices are not run on the children's hospice model where they provide respite. My son is losing his only source of palliative respite care since he is now too old for the children's hospices but adult hospices aren't suitable either as the average age there is 76. So thi...
True Emma, sorry if my written word came across as a bit grumpy. As a child there was some help available for my son and as an elderly person there are places available but for those with conditions needing palliative care who have outgrown the children's hospices there really is zero provision as a...
Why do they stop CA when the cared for person is in hospital even though we are still caring 7 hours a day? Why hit us with a huge rise in our council tax and claim we "are no longer carers". What a slap in the face. How is that fair?

Eun
Why just better care for elderly people? What about disabled adults like my 31 year old son where is his half decent care? Its not only the elderly who need care you know.

Eun
No chance. I did get funding from the Family Fund but don't make the mistake I did of telling the driving instructor where the money is coming from or he wil drag out the lessons as long as he can to make as much money as he can.

Eun
None of this applies in Scotland.....
Not studying just now but I did do an HNC in Accounting, an HNC in Administration and Information Management and a BA Law degree whilst caring but that was a few years ago now! I did start off doing Law with Business but I couldn't stand the Business students - they thought they were in The Apprenti...
Just another day. Have sent cards £16 in stamps!!! Won't be bothering with a tree or decorations - no point when we will be with Rob at the hospital all day. None of us want presents - can't be bothered celebrating when son can't even eat, drink or talk! Happy Christmas to everyone else though - we ...
Thank goodness you are ok - "things" can always be replaced but people can't. Hope the scumballs who did this get caught or that karma bites their bums! Young Rob says to tell you he was asking after you Rosemary.

Eun