[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum -Search
<t>I know it's expensive in the 'summer' months ie May - September, but the other times it works out at £550- £650 per week, and for anyone with MS they'll get extra subsidies on the MS weeks. (not sure about the Alziemers weeks)<br/> <br/> I think Vitalise run as a charity, so maybe if anyone...
<t>I was in a real dilemma about respite, until I found 'Vitalise' <br/> It sounded great, and although hubby was unsure he went for a week in November, on the understanding that if he didn't like it I'd go and get him! <br/> <br/> My hubby went to 'Vitalise' for respite, and loved it. They have a n...
Thanks everyone for your replies.

I'll let you know what the one we choose is like.
<t>Thanks for the reply George.<br/> <br/> Unfortunately he can't see to himself. Needs hoisting, showering etc and is mostly 'laid up' although as I said can manage in the wheelchair for small amounts of time, so could, on a good day, enjoy going out for a while.<br/> <br/> Has anyone stayed at a '...
<t>My OH has been allocated some money for respite, but we're having problems finding somewhere that he's happy about.<br/> He's 66, got spine problems, but can get about in a wheelchair for periods of time, and he wants to be with people he can talk to and mix with. <br/> We live in the North East,...
<t>Does anyone have any experience with ILF?<br/> <br/> My husband and I are both disabled. He gets high rate DLA and I get middle rate.<br/> <br/> At the moment we get Council home care that works out to around 22.5 hours per week. This consists of 2 carers (he needs hoisting) at 45 mins each morni...
I must admit my kettle is never off - my electric bills are sky high http://www.carersuk.org/images/icon_smile.gif I wouldn't dare count how many (large) mugs of coffee I drink in a day. Still it could be worse - I could be knocking back something stronger instead http://www.carersuk.org/images/icon...
Hi Myrtle

Yep - I'm definitely a 'coffeholic' ! I couldn't get through the day, or night, without it.

It's the only thing I drink, so maybe I'm immune to the supposed effects! LOL javascript:emoticon(':lol:')
Laughing
I've signed - hope loads of others do to!
<t>Hi Everyone <br/> <br/> Just wanted to say hello, and say how grateful I am that I found this site.<br/> <br/> My husband has spinal disease and is bedridden and I'm disabled myself. I do get help - 2 'carers' come in every morning to hoist and shower him, and next week I'm also getting a daily v...