[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
<t>Hi Trina<br/> <br/> I'm sure there are more experienced people who come on here and advise you, but you should be able to access some help. Have you had a Carers Assessment from Social Services? You are entitled to one in your own right, nothing to do with Hubby, and YOUR needs have to be looked ...
I thought somebody had been peeking in my window when I read this!

Guess no one in 'authority' is interested until we crack up.
<t>Hmmmn .. the trouble is this needs to be publicised. It's preaching to the converted on the forums. <br/> <br/> If the newspapers aren't interested I wonder if 'Watchdog' would be? They're pretty good at slating people and heaven knows they'd be inundated with similar complaints from Carers. <br/...
<t>Thanks for your replies.<br/> I live in Teesside Rosemary. <br/> <br/> We are on Pension Credit Guaranteed, which is basically IS by another name, but still have to pay £10 per week towards homecare support.<br/> <br/> The agency that deals with DP for our LA will take care of Ins. etc from th...
<t>We've been looking into Direct Payments as our LA care is in the process of change and we're getting up to 15 different carers in one week at the moment.<br/> <br/> I've been told that the DP is £9.00 per hour and out of that we have to save £1.50 to cover insurance, holidays, redundancy et...
<t>It's a minimum of 35 hours per week. Considering that CA is £53.10p per week this is paying you a MAXIMUM of £1.51p per hour! <br/> This is less than 1/4 of the minimum wage, so ask him what HE'D be prepared to do for that money if the shoe was on the other foot.<br/> By my reckoning he's g...
We are in receipt of Income support and both of us get DLA - OH at full rate, me at middle rate. We have to pay towards the care package at £10 per week. This has only been the case for the last year or so. Before that it was free.
<t>Hi Izzywizz<br/> <br/> Our social services fitted an 'intercom bell' for us. This allows the carers to ring the bell and my hubby to answer to see who it is, and then let them in by pressing a button on his remote control- he's in bed 24/7.<br/> <br/> This will allow you to be anywhere else in th...
<t>Mairie you need some help. (((((((hugs)))))))<br/> <br/> As a Carer you are entitled to your own assessment, and even if it's only to talk to someone who can advise you of your rights I think you need to do it. At least that way you'll know the score and be able to make judgements based on knowle...
<t>We bought ours. It's a Peugot 807 -diesel, 7 seats with electric sliding doors - no problems at all with the doors.<br/> It was expensive, but with trade in, discounts and 4 years interest free credit it still works out cheaper than paying for a rental car. We've had it for 2.5 years and done les...