[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Isn't it possible to try the first place again if he liked it there?
Matt

What happens if the Carer just says 'I'm away for a break - you'll have to do something about my Caree'? After all nobody can MAKE us care 24/7 365 day a year.

The Caree can refuse all they like but if there's no one else there what do they do?
<t>I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. LA pay for 8 weeks respite a year at £420 per week. This is paid by DP and can be used as we see fit - as long as I'm not with my caree!<br/> <br/> This should work out at £3360 yearly , but we receive £2616, as we have to 'contribute' £93 per week. ...
<t>THEIR Christmas Bonus is an extra weeks money - not a measly £10.<br/> <br/> They also get the household benefits package if in receipt of CA. This covers some costs towards elec or gas bills, telephone, and free tv licence.<br/> <br/> Maybe we should all go and live in S. Ireland?<br/> <br/> ...
<t>Does anyone know how much other countries 'pay' their Carers?<br/> <br/> I know there was a link on here about Southern Ireland, not sure where it is, and compared to us they are Millionaires!<br/> <br/> Maybe if we have facts and figures it will give us some ammunition to use when we contact our...
<t>My DD is on DLA plus benefits and bought a house - moving from LA flat where the rent was paid.<br/> <br/> Her mortgage is paid for her instead of the rent for the flat. I think they'll pay the 'interest' on a mortgage. amd that is the majority of what is paid for a lot of years.<br/> <br/> The o...
Maxi, "It is crazy to me that JSA is set at a higher rate than CA when both are intended to replace paid employment. Crazier still because a carer on CA is taking the place of a much more expensive resource which would otherwise have to provided by the system. And frankly, if it's not the case that...
<t>Lets keep it simple.<br/> <br/> If all Carers downed tools the NHS could not afford to pay the cost of taking CARE of our Carees.<br/> It would cost them £87 BILLION a year. The NHS would fold overnight. This would affect ALL taxpayers.<br/> <br/> It would be great to be able to get off 'benef...
[quote]Carers UK uses this one]

Personally I find it interesting that Carers UK uses 'Carers provide UNPAID CARE'

Doesn't that defeat the object?

Christine
<t>Hi Pixie<br/> Knitting is great therapy, but I do it the quick way..... I use knitting machines!!! Trouble is I've been so down I'm having to try and gee myself up to get them into use again. ( I've got 8 of the darned things) <br/> <br/> I used to make loads of stuff and then sell it, and everyt...