[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Thanks everyone for your good wishes and interesting comments. Well, I did go and I enjoyed it! The weather was ok, although a bit overcast and muggy, I could have done with the sunshine that we had in the Midlands last week. The train journey from Telford is just over two hours and I got there just...
<t>So what? you may ask!. Well, it's something that has been on my mind to do for a while, but to be honest, I have been putting it off. The thing is, I used to go there as a very young child (pre-school mainly) on family holidays, and have some really happy memories of the place. I have only been b...
I am really amazed how few that is. I can think of a few dozen obnoxious people around my own small town who have alienated all their rellys, I would have thought the figure was well higher. Thing, is, you don't have to be "obnoxious" (although some people are!) to be isolated. I must admit this wh...
<t>Thanks, Caring_Mind!<br/> <br/> Actually, I have been registered with the forum since just after I lost Dad, and I do come on from time-to-time, usually when I'm between work contracts, as I am now. But I definitely should make more of an effort to be a regular poster, it worries me that, too oft...
<t>It never fails to amaze me, the unexpected things that can bring on the tears, sometimes it’s a song on the radio, or just something that someone says. I lost my dear Dad at age 88 just over two years ago (June 2008) and I think of him often, usually good memories, but last night I was lying in...
An example of what we have been talking about. God, this makes my blood boil...

Carer daughter to lose Brighton council flat

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-10843927
<t>Thank you so much for reading my comments and adding your thoughts. Sorry for putting my original thought in the wrong place, but I haven’t been on here for ages! Two years after ceasing to be a carer when my dear Dad passed away, I am still very much feeling the after effects of being a carer ...
Not sure if this is being discussed elsewhere in the forum, but what do people think of this new Coalition policy proposing limited duration council tenancies and getting people to move if their circumstances change? I must admit it bothers me that someone might be, say, in their late fifties, livin...
<t>Thank you all for your concern and for your very helpful suggestions. Thankfully, I am beginning to feel better physically. The awful tiredeness is beginning to lift - probably because I took my GP's advice and apart from going into work (he didn't sign me off), I have put everything else on hold...
<t>Have any other former carers had a similar experience to mine? I was a fjull-time carer for my Dad from late 2006, until his final hospital stay, which ended with his passing in June last year. I had previously been living in London and had travelled up to be with him almost every weekend since m...