[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
<t>Sue<br/> <br/> Sorry, I should have added that your adding your own secret ingredient to the Christmas cake is a good example of continuity / change in action at the same time - your're doing somethng your Mam would have done, but taking the tradition forward in your own way and I bet your Mam wo...
<t>I think you just have to go with what feels right when it comes to occasions like Christmas which are coming round for the first time since the loss of a loved one. The first Christmas without Dad (2008) I couldn't face the thought of putting up decorations - this was something we had always done...
"The welfare system is heartless, utterly mechanical, and incredibly unfair."

That just about sums up my feeling on the subject!
That's a great saying, Charles, and very true!
<t>When I was forced onto JSA after my Carers Allowance was stopped during Dad's final illness just over two years ago I was less than impressed by the "help" I received from the local JobCentre - an example being when they told me that no particular consideration was given to former carers, who wer...
<t>"It's all so easy for the people/relatives who 'care' from a distance - they know nothing about trust, love or caring"<br/> <br/> Sorry, Caring_Mind, I can't agree with you on that one. In fact, the people that Kathleen describes lived some distance away from her friend, but they surely aren't/we...
<t>The thing is, all this talk of possible cuts to benefits and services, coupled with the possibility of a demand for a large amount of unpaid tax dropping on the doormat (few of us know if we are among the unfortunate people who have unwittingly underpaid), must be causing an untold amount of stre...
<t>Thanks, Rosemary, I am really glad I did it.<br/> <br/> I had another good experience this morning: I attended a volunteer information session for the Workers' Education Association in a local community centre and found it really interesting, inspiring even. It was centred on reguar volunteering ...
Thanks everyone for your good wishes and interesting comments. Well, I did go and I enjoyed it! The weather was ok, although a bit overcast and muggy, I could have done with the sunshine that we had in the Midlands last week. The train journey from Telford is just over two hours and I got there just...
<t>So what? you may ask!. Well, it's something that has been on my mind to do for a while, but to be honest, I have been putting it off. The thing is, I used to go there as a very young child (pre-school mainly) on family holidays, and have some really happy memories of the place. I have only been b...