[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
<t>I raised the matter of Shropshire Crossroads' impending closure with David Wright, MP for Telford. He subsequently wrote to Telford and Wrekin Council regarding the matter and has now replied to me with a copy of the response he has received from the Lead Joint Commissioning Manager, Older People...
"Some of them are better than others, some succeed, some fail. Thats the nature of social enterprise"

Well, that's going to be a tremendous comfort to those people who are losing their much-needed services, isn't it?
According to a story in the Shropshire Star (see link below), Shropshire Crossroads has run out of money and is due to close early next year. www.shropshirestar.com/tag/crossroads-care-shropshire/ I am devastated at this news - the service that Crossroads provided for my Dad and me in the months lea...
According to a story in today's Shropshire Star (see link below), Shropshire Crossroads has run out of money and is due to close early next year. www.shropshirestar.com/tag/crossroads-care-shropshire/ I am devastated at this news - the service that Crossroads provided for my Dad and me in the months...
<t>Very interesting question! I have suffered a number of new ailments since I stopped being a carer (like many carers I just "kept going" during the actual time I was a carer), and I firmly believe that caring does have a long-term inpact on your health and wellbeing - not to mention your career, f...
According to a story in today's Shropshire Star (see link below), Shropshire Crossroads has run out of money and is due to close early next year. www.shropshirestar.com/tag/crossroads-care-shropshire/ I am devastated at this news - the service that Crossroads provided for my Dad and me in the months...
<t>"I am seriously starting to lose sleep over this, I have even started trying to find a job every employer says the same thing "why havent you worked for the last..." so many years and when I say "caring for my grandparents." instantly they asked if its still on going I say yes and they say they a...
<t>Brian, I don't know why I didn't spot your post earlier, but just wanted to say you have my support 100% in taking on the JobCentre as a former carer. I had a miserable experience with them two years ago, under slightly different circumstances. My Carer's Allowance was stopped four weeks after Da...
<t>Helen - I forgot to mention the wonderful help we got from the local branch of Crossroads when I was a full-time carer for Dad. For the last six months Dad was at home before his final hospital admission, they sent a lady round for three hours every Wednesday afternoon and I was able to get out a...
<t>Hi Helen<br/> <br/> I live in Telford and Wrekin which is within the county of Shropshire but is a unitary authority in its own right, so social services is part of T&W local authority, not Shropshire. Anyway, I was a full-time carer for my elderly father for 18 months from January 2007 to Ju...