[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
<t>Hi Everyone. It has been a while since I have been on this site. I lost my Dad, for whom I was a full-time carer for 18 months, in June 2008. I can't believe it has been nearly six years. Since then, I have done quite a bit of work for local carers groups on a voluntary basis and have been a memb...
<t>Yes, it is good to see the "old" skills being in demand, mind you, my agency did make me feel like a bit of a dinosaur! Not that I'm complaining, I'll happily take advantage of the situation!<br/> <br/> On a related theme, my best friend and her husband both have birthdays this weekend and join m...
<t>Sorry I haven't been on the forum for a couple of weeks - things suddenly got very hectic, including (wonders never cease!) the arrival of some PAID employment, albeit only in small doses. Apparently, audio secretaries are an endangered species and I was able to answer the distress call of an ins...
<t>Hi Minnie and Little Lamb, thanks for responding to my earlier message. I have just come online again for a few minutes before going to bed, so this is just a brief message, but I just wanted to say I am sorry to hear the two of you have been going through a rough time recently and I hope things ...
<t>Hi, my name is Denise and I'm a former carer but I haven't posted on this forum for ages! I just want to say hello to all the other former carers who post in this part of the CarersUK forum and assure you that, nearly four years after my caring responsibilities ended, I am still coming to terms w...
<t>Some of these cold-calling companies still have my Mom and Dad’s names on their database, and it can be quite upsetting when they call and ask for them by name. Sod’s law seems to dictate that these calls come when I am feeling a bit low.<br/> <br/> Have you tried registering with the Telephone P...
I hear that another good response to cold callers is to ask them "Would you mind giving me your home number and I'll ring you back at home tomorrow evening", lol!!! (You can always add "just as you're having your dinner" if you are feeling really mischievous").
Eagle
Xavier
<t>Well, I survived it, just about! On Saturday I took some flowers from our garden down to Mom and Dad’s grave. It was a lovely afternoon to walk down there and I saw quite a few other people carrying flowers and tidying graves. I had a nice chat with a family who had bought their Great Dane (named...