[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Thank you, much appreciated!
Hi Everyone I attended the 2020 members conference online in October and am just competing a report to be delivered to the upcoming bimonthly meeting of my local Carers Partnership Board. I have been trying to locate the slides etc from the conference to check back on a few things in my notes,, but ...
I am utterly shocked by the attitude of employers who think that caring is not an occupation. One employer in an interview accused me of lying on my CV as he did not believe that anyone would give up their job to care for a parent. Glad I'm not his mother! Volunteering is worse. Nobody would take m...
Great idea Susie- having a pet -in my case the mad dog lady gives you an identity again. Instead of being Dad's daughter I am now double dog mummy. It's very true! And someone said to me recently that when you have a pet there is always another heartbeat in your home, which I thought was lovely.
I would love to volunteer at the cat rescue, but there are a couple of practical difficulties. The main one is that, being self-employed, my hours aren't predictable and right now I wouldn't be able to commit to a set number of hours on set days of the week (that would change if I could find sustain...
Thank you Melly and Anne for your responses and for the practical ideas for support. These are all great suggestions and I will bookmark them for reference. Today, I went with a friend to visit Shropshire Cat Rescue at Bayston Hill. I'm not quite ready to take on the care of another cat myself as ye...
Thank you so much for all your kind responses. I am going to think through all your very helpful suggestions over the next few days, but straight away they have lifted my mood quite a bit and put me in a more positive frame of mind!

Best wishes and thanks again.

Dee
Hi Everyone. I cared for my Dad, first of all as a distance carer for over three years after Mom died, then moving in with him to be his full-time carer in 2007 when his health and mobility declined. He passed away in June 2008. I suppose in many ways I was lucky, I was able to stay in the family ho...
I think very many people, both carers and those who are facing illness, disabilities or ageing, share your concerns. Unfortunately, none of us can know what the future will bring and the most important thing right now IMHO is that you make sure that you and your husband are properly assessed and tha...
Eun - totally agree about the stopping of Carers Allowance when the person being cared for is in hospital for an extended stay. This happened to me twice when I was a carer for my elderly Dad and, as you say, you don't stop being a carer in that situation, you are visiting and supporting them, organ...