[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
I hate inclusion.
Thank you for taking the time Charles to tell me about your experience of the NAS
Vicky
I was under the impression that the LEA that a child belongs to pays the fees for NAS schools the same way it does any other. Your local group sounds very pro-active Charles, well done to everyone involved. I joined my branch working group but found even a letter for the quarterly magazine would hav...
<t>Pleased it has made a difference where you live Charles.<br/> It has no impact where I am, and has done nothing to improve my childrens lives.<br/> What I don't understand though is this business of volunteers, I am probably completely wrong but thought they were quite a wealthy organization, doe...
<t>You know the NAS are a really interesting organization, there are all these campaigns on awareness or education but it's as though they have no teeth, in the 8 years since my children have been in the school system things have only got worse.<br/> On phoning the NAS for help regarding tribunals t...
OK Thanks for clarification, it means priority appointments then.
Vicky
<t>I'm not clear what extra help the G.P. can offer.<br/> My doctor already knows I have two disabled children and other than offering anti-depressents that I don't need and haven't taken she has nothing to say.<br/> As for general health problems what would be different in knowing I'm a carer, woul...
<t>The heartbreak really is the worst, I know, my response though was more to do with whether we are really carers or just parents like everyone else.<br/> My oldest and higher functioning child has been in 6 different schools since he was 5 yrs old, now 13.<br/> He has suffered constant bullying, i...
<t>Both my boys have autism, the youngest being profound with severe learning difficulties, without a doubt it is caring over and above parenting.<br/> I just have to look at my next door neighbours to see what normal family life is like and realise how very different it is for us.<br/> There is no ...
<t>Thank you Excalibar, but I still think it's selective hearing, they hear those who want to go work and not the far larger group who can't go to work and need a realistic income.<br/> My children cannot be left in the hands of strangers and I would not want them to, what job is going to be more im...
Hello, I'm Vicky mum to 2 boys with autism, have been following your discussions for a while now.
Vicky