<t>Pleased it has made a difference where you live Charles.<br/> It has no impact where I am, and has done nothing to improve my childrens lives.<br/> What I don't understand though is this business of volunteers, I am probably completely wrong but thought they were quite a wealthy organization, doe...
<t>You know the NAS are a really interesting organization, there are all these campaigns on awareness or education but it's as though they have no teeth, in the 8 years since my children have been in the school system things have only got worse.<br/> On phoning the NAS for help regarding tribunals t...
OK Thanks for clarification, it means priority appointments then.
Vicky
<t>I'm not clear what extra help the G.P. can offer.<br/> My doctor already knows I have two disabled children and other than offering anti-depressents that I don't need and haven't taken she has nothing to say.<br/> As for general health problems what would be different in knowing I'm a carer, woul...
<t>The heartbreak really is the worst, I know, my response though was more to do with whether we are really carers or just parents like everyone else.<br/> My oldest and higher functioning child has been in 6 different schools since he was 5 yrs old, now 13.<br/> He has suffered constant bullying, i...
<t>Both my boys have autism, the youngest being profound with severe learning difficulties, without a doubt it is caring over and above parenting.<br/> I just have to look at my next door neighbours to see what normal family life is like and realise how very different it is for us.<br/> There is no ...
<t>Thank you Excalibar, but I still think it's selective hearing, they hear those who want to go work and not the far larger group who can't go to work and need a realistic income.<br/> My children cannot be left in the hands of strangers and I would not want them to, what job is going to be more im...
Hello, I'm Vicky mum to 2 boys with autism, have been following your discussions for a while now.
Vicky
<t>I'm new here so really ought to introduce myself first, but having just read this wanted to ask who the many carers are telling the government they want to work, how do they get such a swift response and yet the many carers telling the government they need an increase in carers allowance appear n...