He had the assement done over 8 months ago while he was still in school, what we are waiting for is something in writing saying what they are prepared to agree regarding personal budget. They have been letting us use the unspent funds from last year which are now almost depleted so I won't be able t...
Can someone tell me if there is any time limit on how long SS can take to inform me what has been agreed re personal budget? My son transitioned from school July 2015, he was refused all places for day care bar one. The one he had failed as they couldn't manage his very high needs and challenges. Th...
I was undecided, not any more :angry:
Although I'm some way off retirement age I want to know what to expect. It seems from google there is a cap on state pension of around £145 pw :o . I'm full time carer for my son and have been since his birth so no opportunity to pay into a private scheme. How do people live on such a meagre amount?...
There is no government that will be seen to defend the obviously feckless, this woman tars us all. How many of us here would even be able to jump on the celebrity bandwagon? If we are not disabled ourselves we are full time caring for our significantly disabled loved ones. The excuse of good and bad...
Well. I'm sorry but I don't consider this woman as representative of people who have to survive on benefits. I will probably be shot down in flames for that opinion but there it is. I'm also suspicious of the conservatives motive in having her speak at conference, unless she intends to jump to the d...
We spent an age trying to engage my son in Lego, what a waste of time, he absolutely hates it, but it did help with communication in so much as the quickest and clearest "No" the minute he seen the Lego set being brought to the table :lol:
I haven't seen anything that bad, thankfully, what I do see though is the Supermarket trip where a bus load of learning disabled adults are sat outside in the car park while carers are inside shopping or they are inside with some of the residents, largely ignoring them while they go round filling th...
We can spend it on pretty much anything that helps independence, for example an iPhone contract, ski equipment, concert tickets, driving lessons, holidays and meals. I think you are in the minority, even though none of those would be much/any use to my son I'm tempted to ask anyway just to see the ...
I think it may be as Eun says, things like hoists etc, so fine, they should say so, what I object to is SS being able to say they have made a fund available that wasn't used and then re-claim it back at the end of the year, nothing worse than someone saying they do something, taking credit for it wh...