[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
What would you want your Mum to do if the situation were the other way round. You have been a big part of your mums life I would imagine for 25 years.
Set me off crying. Living with Autism in many ways feels like a living berevement for the lives lost, my sons', my own. So busy coping from day to day, afraid of the future, yet just existing from day to day.
<t>Hello Clairy Fairy,<br/> Does your Mum need 24 hour support? If not could you make a regular time in your day to go out? even if it is an hour? do you have transport? Do delegate, even if your Mum is not the rest of the families 'priority', you may be able to agree a regular night off each week, ...
<t>Hello Clairy,<br/> I like others here became a carer at 23 for my son, almost 23 years on and it is all I have ever known. I love my son with every fibre of my being but it is normal to feel resentment and guilt, I think this is more at the situation, lack of support, acknowledgement ect than the...
http://www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/discretionar ... -draft.pdf

More details about discretionary payments to cover the shortfall and who may be entitled. I dont think you can have ANY savings and qualify for these payments.
<t>Having read the document, i can see that discretionary payments are aimed at a household where the tenant or their spouse is disabled, adapted property. We are mother (tenant) adult son, disabled, adapted property. Over accomadaited because after 6 and a half years the council conceeded this was ...
<t>We are not the fittest by virtue of disability so were does that leave us. Do we have to place our loved ones in care because we cannot maintian a home living situation for them and proved for basic needs like food and warmth. There are no neighbours to leave my son with while i work, no family, ...
<t>I wonder if we are heading for a return to the dark age. My objective as a carer is to support my son in his daily life, to do that I need to be physically present. I exist on a pittence of an income, presently £103 a week, made up from carers allowance, top up income support and a carers premium...
<t>Yes I agree, in addition they are bringing in the 'bedroom tax' next April. I seriously don't know what will come of us all. as if we as carers do not have enough to worry about, these huge changes cause huge concern, sleepless nights and anxiety about the future detracting from the needs of the ...