[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
<t>Sorry but i refuse to believe you can not work and be a carer as long as there is sufficient support be that formal or informal.<br/> I have been a carer for the OH for 30plus years during which time we have done lots of the normal things including raising a child.<br/> By working I was able to b...
<t>It may differ from area to area and certainly differes between agencies, but we have found some willing to asses on my OHs income and "capital" whereas some insist on a combined assesment always worth pushing for the caree's finances to be assesed seperatley as they will usually but not always be...
<t>Unlike many I have to say the two assesments I have had in east sussex have been positive they have sent me a 7 page form to fill in and on both occassions there has been a follow up to the section where you are asked is there anything that can be done.<br/> <br/> I believe the same form was used...
<t>I realise that these days especially not all family groups are the stereotype of mum dad and kid(s) and I think we need to distinguish. In the case of a young child left as sole carer for a single parent regardless of if their disability is elective or not ( and I do believe alchohlism to be elec...
<t>ES seem to be following the same path expensivley printed consultation poll, a legitimate way to gain input but what will be done with it one wonders the proposal we are being asked about is to provide support only to those with critical needs. Luckily or otherwise OH is definatley within the cri...
Thanks Littlerachet the molift looks like it could fit the bill now we have to save the pennies
Thanks
Many thanks for the research, the price is quite breath taking but unfortunatley the folded size is the problem in that most of the car is taken up with the electric chair so I think it would be a choice of this or clothes!
<t>As the OH is now heavier and I am probably weaker lifting her when we venture away from home is becoming more of an issue. What we would ideally like is some form of mechanical or electrical hoist that will fold down into a box so that we put it in the car and then assemble it in a hotel or frien...
In tears this morning seeing the report on child carers and remembering everything our son did to help his mum, he at least was able to continue his studies and go off to uni.
<t>Have used all surfaces in the past but have now settled on tiles, no damage from powerchairs, mud etc easily swept up I normally mop on saturdays for the week.. make sure you get grade 4 or 5 and if you live in the north and can afford it I suugest you also go for electrical underfloor heating, j...