Adult Care in Hertfordshire needs to find £17.5m for year 2018/19 rising to £40m by 2021. Problem is caused by the on going reduction in the Revenue Support Grant which started in 2010. Govt claims it gave £2bn in March which means no cuts necessary. But the amount that Herts got was way less than t...
The pressure on the Stevenage MP has at least got him talking to the County. can get something done about the cuts
GOVT says it gave Councils £2bn and the ability to increase Council Tax, so no cuts to Social Care needed. What they don't tell you, is that since 2010, the Government has been reducing the Revenue Support Grant with a view to eliminating it in 2021. This means that HCC has to find £89m of cuts betw...
3 years ago we were offered the chance to move to a bungalow (social housing) within a system called flexi care. It is a great scheme you are supported by on site carer workers 7 x 24. I do most of the day to day tasks but I needed help with the lifting and personal care for my wife. I had damaged m...
I have recently joined the growing number of Carers trying to care for 2 people. For 20 years I have cared for my Wife who has progressive MS. The last 10 years it has had to be full time. Since Christmas my Mum (86) has needed a lot more support. Mum lives 32 miles away. I spent years understanding...
I have asked myself this Christmas is there a point at which my role as a Carer is becoming counter productive. My role seems to have diminished to just the domestic tasks. Ros refuses to go out except to her day centre. They have installed a hospital bed which means I sleep on the sofa in the loung...
I suppose I have been lucky in the past and got through Christmas just feeling shattered. But this Christmas I have experienced just how vulnerable and unsupported a Carer can be during the long Christmas Break. First our central heating packed up Boxing Day and we did not get it fixed until 30th De...
Over the past few weeks I ran into some problems that financially would have had a serious impact. But I was signposted to some help. Via the Carers Trust and Ranks I am getting a new washer/dryer to replace a knackered washing machine. Then my PC packed up and I was bemoaning my luck to a group I w...
I look after my Wife who has MS. We get help from Social Services in terms of breaks, Ros gets help from the mental health team, and she goes to a Day Centre. At home no matter what I try to do to get her to follow the therapies she has agreed with the professionals, she can't be bothered. If you pu...
<t>I give up my job to become a full time carer for my Mother about a year ago.She lives on her own.I have a 2 bed flat i have asked her to move in with me but she likes her own flat and says no.Now this bedroom tax has started i have to pay £11.61 per week which seems very unfair.Is anyone else in ...