[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Oh dear I'm not very good at all this. I find it very difficult. I have just checked up on what we recieve IE: Jill gets the State Pension plus Attendance allowance including the higher rate. I get the State Pension plus a bit of Pension Credit and wait for it....Underlying Entitlement to Carer's Al...
Cheers everyone, your all stars! Looks as if we've missed out as "Mr Personality" told me in 2006. Seems he was correct after all. We do get the higher rate of benefits including night time. Dont get a war type pension or anything to do with DVL so like Rie (is it?) I shall have to keep on coughing ...
Hello Mary, Suzieq just said it all. I cant imagine how hard it must be being a carer at such a young age. It was bad enough for me starting at 64yrs old!! I too felt I was being selfish because I hated being couped up all day after a lifetime in the building trade. I missed all the "Craic" with the...
Thanks for your swift replys! Great this site isn't it. My wife Jill is three years older than me so wonder if this had something to do with it as well? Also she has never held a driving licence. The man I spoke to on the phone back then wasn't very helpful, sounded as if he needed a personality tra...
Me again, I did try to get a motorbility car but I was told that I was too old! 64yrs then. Is this right?
Pete
<t>Hello, am I missing out? I've got my own old banger, a Renault 21 estate. Ideal for putting the wheel chair into or the motobility scooter without having to dismantel it.<br/> I didn't realize that I could get free road tax! We have the Blue badge which incedently is useless in Teignbridge D C ca...
Not really a story but thoughts on how times used to be. I can always remember when the coalman delivered our coal on his horse drawn cart. We all felt so sorry for poor old Neddy his horse! He pulled all those cwts of coal right across Coventry. We used to give him carrots and make such a fuss of h...
Hi Rob, I've been there. The council treated me as if I'd made myself homeless on purpose. I simply couldn't go to work and look after my wife who had dementia. I had been a carer for 30yrs on and off without realizing it. I was a self employed Painter & Decorator and loved my job, but Jill had to c...
<t>Hi Gem, & JohnRJ,<br/> what a wonderful prayer! Suzieq is right, it should be known as "The Carer's Prayer".<br/> Great news johnRj, Very glad to hear that Pat is home with you once more. Since being a carer to my wife Jill for the last two years, I to have had time to think back over my life...
http://www.postimage.org/aVeWn8i.jpg Hello everyone, I'm a reluctantly retired Painter & Decorator. I had a thriving business until my wife Jill (44yrs married today!) was diagnosed with Vascular Dementia in April 2006. I have looked after her 24-7 ever since. Except for a much needed break when we...