[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Jess I can only give a heartfelt endorsement to everything that Faye has expressed so thoughtfully. You are his rock of strength. I just hope and pray that you have someone you can talk to when things seem to have reached an almost unendurable point ( as they do) It helps just to talk about it. Illn...
Is fibromyalgia anything like PMR? Polymyalgia Rheumatica? My husband was recently diagnosed with this. He is being treated with Prednisalone(Steroids) and it's having a truly amazingly positive effect.
Thanks so much for replying Melly1. It means a lot. We see his GP on Thursday and I am going to mention then that he has got quite hyper. I suppose it's a small price to pay if it's helping him to cope with the physical effects and eases them. It's just all unprepared for. Makes me feel like I'm an ...
Woke up ( about 3.00 am) to the sound of my husband loudly gasping for breath even though he appeared still asleep. I woke him up. he had somehow managed to take off his sleep apnoea mask and turn off the machine but then informed me that I had done it! Got him settled again. he was still making lou...
Thanks for that Greta. I'll have a look. Pet66 and bowlingbun, it's fun isn't it, looking back in time and the things we learned then and still value. Of course I also have other memories, which now make me laugh, like Reverend Mother addressing me at fortnightly 'Marks' in the school hall and sayin...
When I was a young teenager,( just over 70 years ago) my favourite series of books was " Sue Barton District Nurse" It started off with her training as a Student Nurse and went through so many things relating to hospital and nursing experience. Really interesting and quite funny. When she was on the...
Thank-you all for your replies. My problem is I don't feel I can point out these issues to our GP in front of my husband. Especially as he doesn't see anything wrong. I am getting a bit desperate. It makes me feel like a non person which is stupid I know. He is just so different but doesn't realise ...
Thanks Sunny.
He sees our GP next week. Blood tests yesterday.
I had not realised that Prednisolone had this side effect but if it is helping him, which it definitely is,then I need to learn to live with it. :)
Thank-you Sunny, Karma and Freetoleave for the comments. Husband is on a prescribed dose of Prednisalone,, starting high (6) and reducing gradually, now on 2, sees GP next week. Your comment tends to describe him somewhat Freetoleave. The thing is, he cannot see that and would not agree! I will try ...
My husband has been diagnosed with PMR (polymyalgic rheumatica) Our GP has put him on steroids which have helped enormously. What I am finding though, although my husband doesn't realise it, is that he has become somewhat 'hyper' and I'm finding it difficult. We've been married almost 51 years. In n...