[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Gosh Pet - I wouldn't want you to think I was implying those who had to go through CoP had anything other than their loved one's best interests at heart, just that they are subject to a much greater level of scrutiny - which is both a strength and weakness of the LPA.
Hi Vic Totally what bolingbun has said. You need to get them out of your house as soon as possible, or you could be trapped for years. If they can't afford to buy, can they afford to rent? Shared ownership in a retirement property? Your local Age UK might be able to help you with an accommodation li...
With LPA, there is significant trust put on the attorney as you have been appointed by the donor whilst they had mental capacity to do so - so there is not the same requirement to be accountable as with CoP Deputyship; the assumption is that you are working in the best interest of the donor. So ther...
Really pleased you've got it sorted. I think you can very easily say to your step family that you were concerned the solicitor had made a mistake. Does your dad have fluctuating capacity or do you feel things are past that now? If the latter then I think you will have to go down the Court of Protect...
Hi Jenn Sorry to hear you're having such a bad time. You just can't go on doing everything you have been doing. In my experience, despite changes in society over the last century, male siblings still seem to assume that the sister will be responsible for looking after parents... I'm sure they don't ...
Hi Lynsey Phone the OPG tomorrow morning. They're open from 9am 0300 456 0300 That means an audit trail will immediately start. You could also go back to the solicitor to see if they have a copy of the original document to check what you signed. I take it that when you went through the document with...
Hi Canbrit Although I can't offer you competent advice, I empathize with you. It's an utterly tragic situation for your mum, and it's difficult to not be able to 'fix' things for a parent when the lose the person they love. With your mum's illness as well as her grief, it must be very difficult for ...
Hi Ajay and Bowlingbun - thanks for your responses. Ajay - Alas, he does have a night bag but it isn't sufficient for between carers' evening and morning visit. We've explored all avenues...but hopefully moving to better tailored private care will sort that. Bowlingbun - Sadly, the reality of the si...
I don’t know if this will be of use to anyone else who is struggling to find a way forward with increasing care demands, but I thought I’d share it in case it is. I'd originally posted the personal context but I realise that probably isn't necessary. I had some training a few months ago on managing ...
Hi Simon I agree with what people have said so far about the fact that with dad having lost mental capacity and everything being held jointly this might be more complicated than just an LPA - I wonder if the Age UK advice line or CAB may be able to help. The two things I would say about LPAs are 1. ...