[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
It sounds not to late to register two LPAs 1 for health and welfare, and 1 for finance and property. A good GP who knows your dad can advise on whether that’s still ok. If not, you can still apply to the Court of Protection
Thank you, I think it is very brave of you to write about resentment, and it’s helped me to admit and write about it here. It is a very uncomfortable feeling and I don’t like admitting it either, I wish I didn’t resent as much, but I do. I mostly hide it, but after a while it bursts out and makes me...
Oh thank goodness for you people, and this forum. It’s so helpful, not just because I need to let off steam today, but also reading all your posts. For example I have felt inundated / buried in laundry and it’s good to hear someone else’s solution. It gives me ideas. It’s been so important to me rec...
I realise this post now maybe out of date, but I find it helps me to remember that what he says makes perfect sense to my dad, and that it’s me that’s doing my best, but not always following. As it makes sense to my dad, I try to enter his world as best I can, and join in, but it helps when the care...
As my partner is always saying.. life is so uncertain. I admire you for sticking with it. I’m afraid a lot of people don’t manage it, and you are. It seems obvious to me that sometimes you will feel numb, and sometimes flat, and sometimes bored etc. My dad has vascular dementia and I love and care a...
Oh wow thank you everybody for your posts and comments. It’s great to have the support. Ok I will get carers assessment, and I’m really glad you like dishrag, and that I’m not the only one who’s felt like that! I like keeping the tag, to remind me how I felt when I first logged in here. I am still v...
Maybe just tell them you need to go out and do something when they come, get them used to taking some responsibility and learn to manage. Maybe there’s a risk you’ll put them off coming, but how positive a contribution are their visits otherwise? Maybe it would be worth your while thinking of it as ...
Hi Bowling Bun, it is inspiring to read your experiences and commitment/advice. It can be so hard to walk the tightrope between things I feel I should, or want, or need to do for myself, and wanting to be there for, and spend time with, my elderly dad, and partner. I find a few professionals, social...
Oh dear I relate to some of this too. I had no idea what was in store for me when my parents got very elderly and needy, at the same time as my partner's progressive MS meant he needs me too... It seems it is often very hard for our loved ones to get over/used to the idea, of being cared for by anyo...
Oh I so feel for you, as I have been overcome with exhaustion too. And I agree with the others, you need to find support you need for yourself, to help you cope, but also support for the people you are close to, so that it doesn't all fall to you