[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Thank you, that's helpful advice.
I'll have a read through the link too.

This forum really has been so so helpful.
Thank you all.
Thank you for your advice, This is not a question about the merits of employed vs self employed, i understand the distinction as I have been self employed for a number of years, none of the people i have done work for have employed me or been my employer as i am self employed. As such I pay my own t...
Thank you for your reply. Sorry but i don't think i made myself clear. I don't want to be an employer, and have no intention of employing someone, it just would not be worth it for the hours involved. I am looking to have someone who is self employed to come and cover some of dads care. I am just un...
Hello, i'm looking for some advise please regarding how much we can pay a self employed carer from direct payments. We have finally been awarded direct payments for my Dads care. We will be using an agency for some care but would like to use a self employed personal assistant for some of the hours a...
Thank you for your posts, quiet frankly I have no idea what I would be doing with out this forum, so far you guys have been the only helpful ones. The situation has developed and Dad is now in hospital following an admittance by the GP. He has had scans and it's been confirmed he has had 2 recent st...
Sorry another question!

Is NHS continuing healthcare the same thing as doing a needs assessment with the local authority?
I'm a bit confused as to which one I should be persuing?
Thank you both for the information. I have done a lot of reading and now feel better informed and ready to begin battle! As I feer it may become. I have gone down the crisis route as surgested by BB and am waiting for a call back today with their decision on an earlier assessment date. I still can't...
Hello all, I'm new to this and a bit lost, I have a few questions that I hope you may be able to help with? Sorry for the long post! My dad 79 has dementia, however over the last month his mobility has deteriorated rapidly and he is not able to walk more that's 2/3 steps with out falling. This has c...