[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hello, I work full time and look after my mum at home (carers come in through the day and there are waking nights) There's no other viable option for mum and we are happier knowing she's at home. Is there anybody else out there in the same boat? I find the social isolation the hardest Similar, work...
Thought as much! She rather sounds like she's falling into the category of relative which on this forum is referred to as a 'helicopter'.... Helicopter relatives have nothing to do with the actual care of their parents or whoever the family caree is, but suddenly 'helicopter in' ,and hover irritati...
My mother went blind over a year ago and still can't quite accept it. We have had tremendous help from the charity VISTA, but we can't think of something to occupy her time/hands. She used to do sewing, card-making, crafty stuff but no longer. Talking books send her to sleep, and local radio isn't a...
Miss Diet Cola by Sainsbury's.

(Disclaimer: Other supermarket branded colas are available!)
She is a character.
The brain still works, unfortunately not much else, legs, eyes, heart, kidneys etc!
The house is in joint names, we spoke to a solicitor at the time and got it all legally sorted.
We share the house, I moved back in with her 12 years ago after my Father passed away. She was mobile then, and still drove herself around. (Including doing 3 figures in my BMW, on the wrong side of the road while overtaking a van! - but that's another story) She didn't have carers until January, ha...
So, what to say? I am in Leicesterhire, I work full-time, and am also a full-time carer for my mother. 87, blind, severe difficulty walking, going deaf, diabetic, had a stroke, kidney failure, heart failure, severely restricted diet due to food intolerances, and various other problems. That's her, n...