[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
I don't have too much trouble concentrating and I have a never-ending list of things that need doing. I've got several lists in fact.There's no cunning logic for several lists, a new one gets started when I remember or notice things that need doing, sometimes I even manage to collate two or three li...
Stefan_1809 wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:28 am
Would we survive on carers allowance?
No!
You've obviously not looked into Carers Allowance - it's approximately £67 per week.
Karen_170812345 wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:37 pm
Hopefully we will all live happily ever after!
I've seen the film, I'm still waiting for it to be on News at Ten. ;)
Is she calling my bluff and hoping I will start caring for my Mum Again in her own home. Yes! They will do absolutely anything possible to shift the load onto you, it's not right, it's not nice, but it's what they do, over and over again. Is a Social Worker able to overrule a GP's assessment is the...
My wife has been a frequent nocturnal toilet visitor for quite some time, when she had a fall and spent 3 months in hospital she was fitted with an Intra Urethral catheter (and since then she has changed to a Supra Pubic catheter). I have to admit that when she went into hospital having fallen, (she...
Good luck Londonbound, I'm very pleased to hear it for your sake at least (not for those you help). It's a shame that your battles have gone the way that they have, but that's how it is everywhere I think. You did say not long ago that you were stepping back from some of your caring and I was thinki...
Have you had any contact with Social Services? A Needs assessment for your Mum and a Carers assessment for yourself. If you're already a carer then I'm sure you must know about these, but you may have just slipped into the routine of caring for your Mum which has now grown to the point where you nee...
I get carers, £66 ESA a fortnight and PIP at standard rate. My adult son I care for lives with me and is on twice as much money as me but i have all the bills, phones, Sky, BB, utilities, food, Netflix, catalogue etc and his twin, who has no income, living with us. Seriously. I am like how, just ho...
We've broached the subject of him having a cleaner and he's dead against having any strangers in the house - it was a battle just to get him to agree to let a podiatrist come and cut his nails. This is a very common problem, but there comes a time when a persons needs become more important than wha...
No-one has to care for anyone else if they don't want to, no matter what their relationship.

Is anyone outside of your circle of family and friends aware that you are caring?

Has your Mum had a *Needs Assessment* and yourself a *Carers Assessment* from Social Services?