[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
No-one has to care for anyone else if they don't want to, no matter what their relationship.

Is anyone outside of your circle of family and friends aware that you are caring?

Has your Mum had a *Needs Assessment* and yourself a *Carers Assessment* from Social Services?
Have you had a Carers Assessment for yourself and a Needs Assessment for Mum? This is done by local Social Services, Covid permitting. With regard to the TV switching, does she not know how to do it or is she incapable of using the remote? Usually nowadays you can assign *Favourite channels* and tha...
I'm not seeing any mention of us oldies who no longer work, but just spend all day working at caring, no days off for us ever, Bank Holidays, weekends, they're all just the same. :(
Hi please help, I'm new to this and really confused. There is a home I spoke to yesterday that may be good for her. I asked how much they were a week. They said £900. I told the social worker this. She said I needed to ask them what their local authority rate is and there band is. I said I think it...
Hi, I've been caring for someone for 35 hours ,earning £400 from a job and I'm claiming UC. I'm not on carers allowance as I'm not sure if it's beneficial. ( Will the person I care for lose money )? Basically is there anything else I could be getting ? I'm getting under £1000 and after my bills I d...
So the DN is not allowed to dispense meds? Didn't know that, was hoping that is what would happen. :( I know they can prescribe things like antibiotics for a catheter infection as this has happened for my wife, but to the best of my knowledge they won't hand you your previously prescribed pills to ...
My Mother had dementia but never had any carers other than my Sister on a fairly regular basis. Not daily as she doesn't drive and so my b-i-l had to take her when he could, (it was a 20 minute drive for them - 4 hours for me). We never found a solution to the medication problem. Dosset boxes don't ...
Ayjay, as you are, I believe, over 60, the house should be totally discounted. I'll be over 70 this time next week, I've obviously got more stuff to read, I was sure that they got 50% of the house one way or the other. They get their cut if I decide to move, (or die presumably). If your spouse, par...
bowlingbun wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:35 pm
Ayjay, as you are, I believe, over 60, the house should be totally discounted.
I'll be over 70 this time next week, I've obviously got more stuff to read, I was sure that they got 50% of the house one way or the other.
The nurse said very helpfully, that It's nothing to do with her. But I thought Nurses were supposed to make sure patients get the right care. Is it really a Nurse's responsibility? Surely it's up to a Doctor to decide on care/treatment for patients and up to a Nurse to provide that care or treatment.