I've never heard of memantine, but Like you I see no problem with really elderly people becoming addicted fo a drug is helping them. After seeing some tv programmes about cannabis I would also be happy for an elderly person in great pain being prescribed it as I can;t see an addiction being a proble...
Well I sent the email. and this is the lovely reply I got from A Dear Barbara - I quite understand your predicament. I think the best thing to do for the present is for me to try arriving about 4.30 and see if this helps. No harm in trying a mini roll. Thanks for taking the trouble with this. Regards,
These replies have been very supportive as well as helpful, he has set up all the help he can get re council tax and carers. I think her change in attitude is waht has hit me worst - she was an athletic person in her youth and although always somewhat self obsessed (she was very good looking) never ...
I agree that would be the best solution Greta, but he seems to be anxious that she 'gets out of the house' for some reason - maybe because she doesn't move much, except to go to the loo (which she frequently leaves too late because she won't get out of her chair). I know he takes her for rides in th...
I should have mentioned, Tuesdays I visit her and Thursdays she visits me And I know her husband values the Thursdays as it means he has a few hours to himself one afternoon a week. She is anorexic too and refuses to eat, but has realised if she eats a biscuit very s l o w l y, then asks for another...
My sister in law was admitted to a local hospice and they were brilliant, nothing was too much trouble and they understood all about her wanting to die at home. They were so upbeat with her she was much happier when they took over the caring. She came home about a fortnight before she died and was l...
Thanks for your reply(ies). Good point. What DID make her agree? I think it was her husband's dogged persistence - she got very nasty with him, telling him he was brutal and a bully, and raging against everyone making her do things she didn't want to do, then she demanded I gave her a cream cake (I ...
My friend is frequently brought for a visit to me at my house, her husband brings her and drops her off, and has an afternoon for himself, and I get a chance to try to have a reasonable conversation with her and catch the odd glimpse of the fun person she used to be. However, its becoming more and m...
Thanks for that hamsterwheel. Now, we have a different problem - she won't get out of bed at all , even though she's wet it. Well I tell a lie, she will get out of bed to go to the toilet (she wets it in her sleep) so that's when we strip it and change the sheets and duvet otherwise she sits in her ...
Please ignore the full stop between the words 'eat' and 'something'.

I have real trouble in this forum with punctuation jumping back into the previous text. Is there a way of editing posts?