You've all hit a lot of buttons - thank you for understanding. This nasty, spiteful streak that seems to surface in so many dementia sufferers is so dificult to cope with, it makes you wonder if its been there all the time but is just surfacing now when they have lost the veneer of politeness they w...
We have enough trouble getting her to take the pills she is aready prescribed, so we'd really like some pointers as to how to raise her spirits as she seems determined to be miserable, rather than adding antidepressants to the list. Her GP says its all he can offer although we know from past experie...
The occupational therapist came and fixed 4" risers to mums chair to 'make it easier for her to get out' of. But at less than 5ft tall her feet were dangling in the air. She wouldn't use that chair any more, said she was 'jumping' off it and losing her balance, so I removed the feet and got thorough...
Oh how I agree with you about that funeral!
And now there's the saga of the family and the frail old man in the farmhouse that they've just 'bought' off him. Why has the duty of care for him I wonder - surely he is entitled (aka qualifies) for protection? Doubtful.
Quite honestly I don't think anyone is entitled to anything in this world. I think its up to us to take care of ourselves and our loved ones to the best of our ability, but entitlement doesn't really come into it. Its up tous to make our homes as safe as possible, no-one else is going to do it for u...
I'm sure there are pther ways pf dealinh with pressure sores, and if the guy doens't want this matress you can't force the nursing staff to force him to have one can you. He sounds adamant to give up and look at other ways of treating this. The nursing staff will advise as will his doctor. Not using...
My husband (age 80) developed type 2 after his weight soared to over 20 stone although he's not in a wheelchair. He developed a real sweet tooth and would buy and eat everything and everything he fancied. His GP gave him 1a 2 weeks free course at Slimming World, and although hubby brought the sheet ...
So it means the executor has refused the task and someone else will have to do it. Thank you.
I was asking on behalf of a friend who's step Dad has died but who's daughter wants nothing to do with him, and never did. I honestly didn't know you could refuse to undertake the task.
What is a deed of renunciation? Does it mean an executor can just not undertake the task?
If so - who takes over?
I love the 'I'll do the ironing if you vac for me' approach. Seriously though, she won't eat or drink - she pushes it away and spills it, or sits with her arms folded and won't co-operate. I think the time is approaching when its hospital and tubes. We can't dress her or change her nappy without tea...