[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
<t>The test of the Milton hoist went very well. You put the sling on the wheelchair and then the person sits on it, the straps are attached to the hoist and it's very simple to actually get the person in and out of the wheelchair and car.<br/> <br/> However, it was being demonstrated on a people car...
<t>Thanks a lot for those very helpful postings. My mother is over 80 so not entitled to that allowance, I checked some time ago.<br/> <br/> Very interesting info about having to contort yourself to use the hoist, I'll keep an eye open to see how that goes tomorrow. I'll report back when I get home ...
<t>Thanks very much to everyone for their input. My mother is retired so not in receipt of any motability allowances. The hoist would be fitted to an existing car.<br/> <br/> The person coming to demonstrate it has told my sister that there are grants available towards the cost of the car hoist, doe...
Thanks Rosemary, Hi to Wendy too.
<t>I wondered if anyone had any advice about car hoists? My mother is unable to use a turning stand to move her from her wheelchair to the car passenger seat as she is prone to sit down inappropriately. <br/> <br/> My sister has arranged a demo of something called a Milton car hoist next week. This ...
I forgot to say that my mother is in a nursing home after a series of strokes so I'm not a day to day carer but there are issues which we sometimes need advice on and perhaps my experience of nursing home funding may help others.
Hello,
I posted here some months ago but unfortunately forgot my username and password so had to sign up again!
Liz