Hi Jane, has your had Mum had an OT assessment at home? They will be able to advice on equipment to help her with transfers. She might well not need a sling and hoist, there are other aids available. Different agencies will have different guidelines, but as a rule they will have manual handling pro...
i have just started to look for homecare for 85 year old mum,who cannot get onto commode very safely anymore due to arthritis.the one company i asked for a careplan said they couldnt do anything until mum was safer on the transfers.talked about a sling or track around the room.they will not lift my ...
what should i do? i arranged to go out tonight with some friends as mum is usually in bed early and asleep by 8.tonight she was in bed but started seeing things on the curtains and in the lamp shades.she got a bit upset,she didnt know i was hoping to go out.she is having some tests for memory at the...
i am a carer for my 85 year old mother,who has arthritis and currently having tests for dementia.i have descided i need some help from homecare.i was wondering , if they come in 4 times each day on certain days , would it be every 2 or 3 hours or? comments would be helpful as i try to sort out our n...