my mum seems to be suffering more and more in the afternoons.she packs her handbag with things she doesnt need to,like the house phone and remote control for tv,ready to go home when she is already at home.we are waiting for results of a ct scan.any ideas for helping with this or is it just a matter...
hi jenny , mum had the memory tests and the doctor referred her for a brain scan after those.she said if it is dementia at least we will know what we are dealing with , although there is not much that can be done , only pills for slowing it down,depending on the type of dementia.thanks jane.
thanks jenny,you are so right ,it is a minefield trying to say the right thing all the time,it gets very tedious.we have only been dealing with this since october 2017,so it is very early days.the reason i said about telling her or not was because she will probably say i never tell her whats going o...
hi ,mum has her brain scan 29th january,to see if she has dementia.i think all of us close to her already know the outcome with her strange behaviour.right now she has gone to bed earlier than usual , and is seeing faces on the curtain and in the lights.she says there is a cat on the curtain too.whe...
hi ,mum has just had social care assessment and i have done a carers assessment.she is not incontinent she has mobility issues.arthritis is getting worse and she cant lift herself onto commode .we are having a track fitted soon ,and a sling to help us.i am thinking when i finally get a care agency t...
hi,my 85 year old mum is getting unsafe going on the commode in the night.wondered if there was any advice out there on the best pads or pants to get through the night and be dry.jane.
not sure what is involved with power of attorney.do you have to go through a solicitor? regards jane.
hiya , still waiting for mums brain scan to see if got dementia.having spoken to a friend whos mum has been diagnosed , i think my mum must have it.afternoons seem to be the worst,she starts to put things in her handbag,like the phone,remote control,phone book etc.also says she is ready to go home w...
hiya,mum is 85 and is chair or bedbound.waiting for scan after having memory tests.she is usually asleep by 7 or 8pm.she doesnt like to be on her own anytime but if she is asleep she is none the wiser.altough there is always that chance she may wake and need assistance for commode if she is having a...
hi i asked a local homecare provider if they would do a nighttime sit in service so i could maybe go out for a meal for instance.from 7pm to 10pm and the response was ,if your mum has an alarm to press ,you should be ok to go out without a sit in service.is this the general feeling of homecare servi...