hi,i was having problems with my 86 year old mother , who has mixed dementia,and had gone off drinking tea . i think her taste buds are changing , because she always loves her tea. we tried it with a bit of suger in to tempt her,but no luck.i had the idea to give her cold drinks , and i saw a pack o...
thanks melly for advice,will try the cushion idea on our next trip.jane.
hi ,any tips on keeping an 85 year old ,very anxious mother with alzheimers and vascular dementia , calm on a ceiling track hoist?she also has arthritis and cant walk anymore.we try coaxing and playing music.she holds on the sides for dear life.her hands get very red because she clings on so tightly...
thanks so much jenny and melly,your all so kind .i am sure we will strike a balance at some point with mums medication.i might need some myself.lol
hi bowlingbun,yes mum has attendance allowance and i have carers allowance as i cant work at the moment with all these changes and appointments going on.i have taken a form to the doctors surgery today to claim council tax exemption.thanks to you for mentioning previously.kind regards jane.
hiya mum has just been diagnosed with mixed dementia,trying to decide whether to ask for some help with anxiety drug memantine.this was mentioned to us by the memory clinic nurse if we thought we needed it.she is very anxious when i have to take her for hospital appointments,to the point of blind pa...
hiya henrietta,thanks for your comments,i will definately be getting some nappy bags and kitchen paper.the only waste we will be having is from toileting at the moment,so i would think that would go with the usual household waste.there is so much to think about ,i am hopeing to be a bit more sorted ...
hiya greta,thanks for your comments.some of the feminine wet wipes seemed a bit pricey.are the aldi mamia wipes,baby wipes? they seem cheaper,but i wasnt sure whether to buy them or not.take care jane.
i will be having a care agency coming to see me this week to talk about a care plan for my 85 year old mother .she cannot walk and has just been diagnosed with mixed dementia.we have had a ceiling hoist fitted which we are slowly getting used to.just wondered ,when carers come in do they bring anyth...
hi carolyn,i am still waiting for results of my mums ct scan,we are having a home visit from the memory clinic on the 26th feb.i think my mum would benefit from some kind of calming drug.last night she couldnt get off the commode and she wouldnt let me near her to help,lots of panicking so i had to ...