[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
How very very sad for you, Dorothy. You will be in my thoughts.
Have just emailed my MP, who used to be a Labour government minister, so unable to sign EDM's. I'll be interested to read his response now he is free to sign.
<t>George, you are certainly not alone. I took a career break, as women did 26 years ago, to have my two children. I’m still on that career break! My brother in law, who needed no such break in a similar career, is very comfortably well off. We are financially poor! Do I regret it? Never! <br/> <b...
<t>I have recently emerged from ‘Sandwich’ caring. I care still for my adult son who has PMLD. But for the last 8 years, I have also cared for my elderly Mother. So, I would have fitted the bill for the GMTV programme (except I am slightly older than their requested carer age).<br/> <br/> A sand...
<t>A moving account by Hugh Flouch of public 'hustings' meeting, Friday April 30th - called by an informal carers' group and the Haringey Federation of Residents Associations:<br/> <br/> Fight...fight... fight... I almost wept buckets<br/> <br/> This morning I went along to a General Election hustin...
Just bumping this up as the meeting is tomorrow.
Following on from discussions about problems with hospital care, this might well be of interest to people: Learning Disability Week is a national awareness week run by Mencap every year. It's a great chance to get involved and raise awareness about the issues that are important to people with a lear...
<t>What an historic moment for carers! I watched the debate and was dumb-struck that carers actually not just got a mention, but a concensus about need.<br/> <br/> That the profile of carers has reached such a point is entirely due to the ceaseless campaigning efforts of everyone. <br/> <br/> I have...
Parliamentary candidates for Haringey (2 constituencies) have been invited to meet carers on April 30th at 11am at Middle Lane Methodist Church, N8. Both Lib Dem and both Tory candidates are coming. Labour candidates yet to reply. This meeting is an open meeting; all welcome.
<t>When my son (severe LD and always 1:1) has had to be hospitalised in a ward, it has actually never occurred to me to leave him solely in the hands of the nursing staff. He would be terrified and unmanageable. I have always stayed with him. He has always been given a side room similar to the one t...