[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
I'm hoping someone can offer advice on how to safely rehome our aggressive elderly mother. I posted an early part of this developing saga a few months ago when Mum began to become a nuisance. I must say at the outset that she has always been cold and antagonistic with her daughters, though not with ...
I'll bet Nan is more active when you and Mum aren't there to see her. My mother (vascular dementia) pretends that she doesn't eat when with family members and will push her food to one side or constantly subdivide it and try to give it away. Turns out she is a secret eater and fridge-raider but she ...
Update.

Mum seems to have settled down a bit and is behaving better. She hasn't been night prowling since her last meeting with her doctor who has noted down all the concerns being raised. Some of Mum's acquaintances have even said she is happy though we never get to hear that personally :)
Hi Diane, Your social worker email address is likely to be something like this: firstname.surname@newham.gov.uk obviously insert the council you are under. It is just possible that he might not get round to reading his emails too quickly so I would also ring up the department and find out who leads ...
Bingo - top right hand login worked. Thanks for the tip. Dad had sold their house in the South West in 2015 and they moved to Somerset to rent in a town with the proceeds. It was expensive and too big and still a long way from most other relatives. We gave notice just before Mum moved North so not a...
Hi Bowlingbun. Mum has only been in the cottage since May on discharge from hospital after breaking her hip. It would appear that she had a completely different expectation which seems to have been to move in with my sister (which isn't ever going to happen). I've discovered I can log in on my mobil...
Good point about the night wandering. I think Mum would currently refuse a move but we can keep trying. I agree also that it looks like more advanced dementia than we have been led to believe. Sorry for the gap in replying - I've had login issues.
Thanks for that info Bowlingbun. I wouldn't have made that link with her deterioration since then but it might well have contributed.
Mum was hospitalised in Feb after a combination of over-medicating herself with blood pressure tablets, possibly by accident through memory problems, and also being prescribed something that made that problem worse. Whilst in hospital she fell and broke her hip which increased the length of the stay...
Thanks Bowlingbun. No, she doesn't accept she has a problem with alcohol so getting her to stop is impossible. She was hospitalised earlier this year and didn't have any alcohol for about a month but soon lapsed back on it when she became mobile enough to buy it herself. I have asked that all incide...