[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hopefully the final update necessary on this tale. My husband and I delivered Mum and the last of her bits and pieces into the Abbeyfield flat this morning. There were no last minute fireworks. I think she finally accepted that she had been thoroughly outmanoeuvred and had burnt all her boats in any...
Thanks again for your support. It has been invaluable.
Update. Mum's application for the Abbeyfield assisted care flat has been accepted and she is talking about the details of moving, no hint of refusing to go. We will do the physical moving when she is away on her pre-planned holiday on May 21 so she will move straight there when she comes back four d...
Managed to get the forms done with Mum this morning with BIL sitting in the background. We answered her questions about visits from friends and family, finances and how her furniture would get there. She hasn't said no yet so keeping fingers crossed.
Hi Jenny. Mum's mental health team reckon that there is a time bomb of hidden mental illness now going off in the generation of people who were children during the war and it has to do with the trauma of being bombed etc. Mum lived in Bristol and Stoke and both were bombed. She told us once. Mum's s...
BIL hates the idea of her feeling like she has no choice - my sister and I are way past caring. He approached her with the brochure because he believes we can't remove her without giving her notice on her tenancy which will take two months at least. I can't remember much of family life with her othe...
Too late.She's already kicked off apparently when my brother in law introduced the subject and frisbeed the brochure at him when he offered to take her to see it. I'm going over on Friday night to provide a united front (I live 2 hours away and I'm working for the next two days) and attempt to do th...
Things have started to move much faster in the last 36 hours. Yesterday I got a message from my sister to say that Social Services had found Mum a flat in one of the local Abbeyfield establishments which is brilliant. We now have to get the paperwork done asap. I still don't know how quickly all the...
Finally some heartening news. Because of the police incident Social Services have moved up a gear and are now taking interest. We have been told it is OK to find Mum somewhere else to live without going through the normal procedures whilst they do more investigations to decide their involvement. The...
Thanks Jenny. I am going to look into the security camera aspect but not sure brother-in-law would permit it. Mum has a short holiday booked with a friend in May and we didn't want to ruin it (for the friend) by giving notice beforehand. We need to do it during the working week so we can summon soci...