I agree entirely. In 2004 I presented a motion to CUK's AGM in London, saying that we were like slaves, with no rights whatsoever. I moved that Carers Allowance should be brought in line with the minimum wage, and like employees, we should be entitled to holiday time off, etc. etc. The motion was pa...
Can I just check that the £120 is your actual take home pay? Did you know that some costs you have to be able to work can be discounted from your take home pay? This is all explained on the section about Carers Allowance on this website, towards the bottom. From 1st October 2017 your employer had a ...
Try not to panic. Are you aware that certain COSTS OF CARING can be deductrd? Click on Quick links above and then go to the section dealing with Carers Allowance. (I'm up late thanks to toothache!)
Diane, you see what has happened? They called your bluff, but you stuck to your guns as advised. Now, all of a sudden they have decided that tonight she doesn't have capacity. In other words they've realised that they can't persuade you to take her back, and realised (which they knew all along) that...
I would like to caution you to be VERY careful in your dealings with the local authority (if the NHS were funding granddad's care there would be no charge at all). The LA may not always tell you the truth according to the rules. Sadly, they are sometimes unaware of what the rules say. I reclaimed £8...
It's still saying £116 on the dot gov website. Ask the job centre advisor for details!!!
Carers UK has a brilliant helpline to answer questions like this. Email them, as the phone is usually engaged, but the WILL get back to you.
Diane, doesn't that just say everything about her. BUT you cannot be forced to care for her. Just how much mobility does she have right now. Can she walk to the bathroom, stand to cook in the kitchen etc. etc.?
How is she going to get home? What does she think she is going to eat?
I agree entirely. I was advised to update to Windows 10 and the latest edition of Publisher. I had 20 years experience of computers and desktop publishing, but it feels like Windows 10 has stolen all that experience! Everything is much more complicated, and even the terminology has change, so althou...
The vital few lines are right at the very bottom, relating to wheelchair users. Let us know how you get on, as someone else may come across the same problem.