[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hi Phil, welcome to the forum from a sunny New Forest. I know Portchester well, my late sister in law live in Castle Grove. I have been a carer ever since my son was brain damaged at birth, mum was virtually housebound since about 1976. I used to be good at juggling everyone's competing needs, but t...
What would happen if you became ill, with both parents dependent on you? It is very important to keep you well, not selfish to want time off. Have some extra help in the home, to do the vacuuming, clean the bath, some food prep in the kitchen, some gardening. Then mum and dad can gradually get used ...
If she was supposed to be going to a nursing home, how did she end up in a care home? hat is not a long term solution at all. You need to make a case for a fully staffed nursing home, which has to have a qualified nurse on duty at all times. Care homes are not required to have any qualified nurses o...
You have to be realistic. Dad's dementia isn't going to improve, you aren't getting younger, and neither of you should be picking dad up. You have done brilliantly, but now dad needs a team of carers, as his needs are so high. Has he had an NHS Continuing Healthcare assessment yet, if you don't know...
Hi English Rose. Isn't it time you took a holiday?
Then the rest of them could realise just what your life is like?!
Is she getting Attendance Allowance?
Welcome.
Why are you having to do this all alone? When did you last have a Carers Assessment?
When ws your wife last assessed for NHS Continuing Healthcare?
I had the pleasure of attending a talk by the author, Hugh Marriott. He died a couple of years ago. He was very sincere, kind, caring, and very funny too. Read the book!
Louisa, make sure you read up about NHS Continuing Healthcare, which would be entirely FREE, but it's a postcode lottery I'm afraid. Look for the CHC Framework on the internet. Definitely still a carer in many ways, my mum needed different support once in residential care. New nighties, magazines, b...
Eileen, I'm sorry for your loss, at least your husband isn't suffering any more. I was widowed when just 54, so I'm speaking from experience. Do NOT make ANY important decisions for at least a year, possibly longer. I could have sold absolutely everything in the first few months, so glad I didn't. A...
What a stupid social worker! You have a RIGHT not to care any more. It's far far better to have a planned move out, a long period of what amounts to "shared" care while you son settles in and you make sure he has everything he needs, and staff can ask you about any concerns. He's going to be a lot m...