The helpline will normally reply to emails within the week. Just be patient, you will be sent a detailed reply which will answer the issues you have asked them about.
Theory and practice can be different. For example, when my mum was in Royal Bournemouth Hospital they said that she'd get better quicker in her own home, with "community based services". All lies I'm afraid. Two weeks for the air mattress to arrive, then no one knew who was supposed to fit it, then ...
Jane, I have a son with severe learning difficulties, and I'm very concerned that your brother is still living at home at his age. When did he last have a Needs Assessment from Social Services? You need to start planning his Transition from home to living elsewhere. Does he attend any day services o...
Good point. Some of my complaint emails have gone to as many as 8 staff., right the way up the entire line of management to the head of the service in he LA, and the councillor in charge of the Adult Services Committee and the LA's head Complaints Officer and the Director of Social Services.. If you...
Hi Debbie, welcome to the forum. Are you getting all the support you need? Are you aware of NHS Continuing Healthcare? It's so important, and so difficult, to look after yourself, and have some regular "time off".
Hi Robin, I had counselling arranged for me by our local carers support worker. Just as I felt I was making headway I was told I'd used up my allocated number of sessions, which no one had mentioned, and anyway, he was leaving! Then I asked the GP, was I thought on a waiting list for over a year, on...
Stop saying "I know others have it worse.." because that is pointless, and in any case, your situation IS far worse than many others. Does someone keep drip feeding that phrase to you?
I'll be honest, that's simply too much for one person to deal with long term without help. It's a small care home in reality! You are juggling too many balls in the air and it only takes you to get flu or need a hospital admission before it all goes horribly, horribly wrong. Start by sorting out thi...
Do not feel that you were the only one with a less than perfect upbringing. Mine was very odd, as I realise now mum had OCD, agoraphobia, and was a hoarder who could never throw away anything. It's difficult to change the parent/child relationship, if they still want to treat you like a child. Couns...
In that case, he has forfeited his right to be involved in any decisions. Dad is beyond seeing anything from anyone else's point of view, so forget any idea of agreement. Concentrate only on what he needs, not what he wants - because that is you as his willing slave for the rest of his life! We are ...