[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
In the past I used the Ombudsman, but waited a very long time, about 2 years, only to find that he had failed to investigate a crucial matter properly.
The council clearly just think I'm a pain in the backside!
I've decided to start a new thread which will follow my complaint against the council concerning my son's care package. In fact I've been complaining for years, but after a dreadful few weeks, I've employed a solicitor. Initial fee £360. This covers reading the paperwork, and an initial letter to th...
It's all horrible, the tiredness, the visiting in hospital, the smells you try to ignore, putting a brave face on at visiting, the traffic there and back, searching for a parking spot, seeing someone you love slowly fading away, all you want is dad how he used to be. It is a grief process. I remembe...
I think I'd tell her to get lost, and not get the money or do the caring.
She's a nasty piece of work. You are worth more than this.
Your friend may get an allowance because no one is helping her. So if you help her, you get the CA, she doesn't get the allowance.
However, if you tell us more about your friend's situation, there may be other money neither of you are aware of.
Joanna, the very fact that you don't mind the work all the time is, in itself, worrying. You deserve more than this.
DUMP it! I suspect that, like me, you have been "conditioned" to put mum's needs first. Doing what mum wanted was being a good girl, saying no was not. I was 60 when my counsellor realised that as far as mum was concerned, I was still behaving like an obedient child. She had no right to expect me to...
What do they do to "bully" you?
Hi Philip, has anyone ever mentioned NHS Continuing Healthcare to you? It's not easy to get in Hampshire, but your GP should refer you and enable an initial "checklist assessment" to be completed. Google "NHS Continuing Healthcare Framework" to start with. Then look at the assessment process. All th...
Have you had a Social Services Carers Assessment in the last year? You have a right to a life of your own, while you keep caring for mum no one else will, because they are incredibly selfish. Decide when you are going away, and tell them, and Social Services, that it is "non negotiable". Either some...