No, it's sometimes writing your honest feelings down that really helps. I often find writing things down easier than saying them. We travel a hard road, others may want to tell us how well we are coping for their own selfish reasons, it excuses them from doing what they themselves should be helping ...
I have a hyperactive son aged 38, mental age 3 years. You can't go on like this. I recognise all the feelings. Your son needs to be in permanently staffed accommodation. Then you can have him home when you want, but the responsibility falls on someone else. I know how difficult this is to think abou...
Ask for the Rapid Response Team to cover your appointment. Have you been told about the Emergency Carer Scheme in Hampshire run by the Princess Royal Trust for Carers? It's designed to cover this sort of problem.
Why is the CA taken away at 65? I'd like to see this reclassified in some way. In fact, surely those over 65, deserve more, not less. Then it can be used to make life easier, to buy in domestic help, extra gadgets to save work. I bought a Magimix several years ago, really makes life so much easier, ...
Thanks for the hugs!! I really like helping people get what they are entitled to, but no one told them. Amongst my friends and contacts payments must reach the hundreds of thousands of pounds in total now. As it says at the bottom of my posts, "Information is Power!" My other saying, that I've never...
I'm wondering if Diane has packed up and gone?
Hi Brian, welcome to the forum. Ask either your own local authority, or the one where your aunt lives. Would you like to tell us a bit more about your aunt? Has she had a Needs Assessment from her local authority, and have they done a Carers Assessment for you? As you live quite a long way apart, do...
I'm concerned for you too. I'm afraid it's not going well, has she been readmitted already, or become her old demanding self. Please let us know you are OK.
Write down everything that is most important for dad right now. Have you talked to him about the travelling problem? If he qualifies for CHC then he could move immediately to the nursing home rather than a hospital, IF there is a vacancy. If there is a vacany, then ask the matron to visit dad in hos...
Anne, would you like to tell us more about mum? Age, disability, how much care she needs, how much care she currently gets? It may be that mum should have an urgent reassessment of her needs?