[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
<t>David,<br/> You MUST stop this before it's too late. My husband and I helped care for five people with highest DLA for 5 years, with no support. We nicknamed ourselves the Thunderbirds. All four parents lived nearby, lurched from disaster to disaster, kept telling everyone "My son/daughter will d...
Thanks Myrtle.
<t>Can anyone tell me of their experiences with a live in carer? Mum, elderly and very disabled, came home from hospital after a month on Monday afternoon. She went back in less than 24 hours with a stomach bug, spent all day in A&E waiting for a bed, finally at 10 pm she's in a male ward for th...
<t>The Disability Alliance produce a Benefits Guide every year. I feel sure that if you buy a copy you will find that there are lots of things which you are entitled to that you never knew about. There are also some strange situations when you might be deemed as living with your sons, rather than th...
<t>STOP feeling guilty. You have nothing to feel guilty about, feel proud that you are a loving and caring daughter to your mum, but you too have a daughter and her needs count most of all. I wondered if you could move to a larger flat, giving more room? Have you had a carer's assessment? Both your ...
<t>Many newbies are asking questions about benefit entitlements, which seem like a sick game of Snakes and Ladders at times! The Disability Alliance publish a benefits handbook every year, which details each benefit, and who is entitled to it using simple everyday language. I found it invaluable, an...
<t>There's now another chapter to my story. Didn't sleep well last night, woken at 8am by the phone - mum sat on the toilet with terrible diarrhoea, too weak to get off, but sent her carer to her next job! In the end mum rang the Lifeline, paramedics called, local hospital wouldn't take her as they ...
<t>Given your age and situation I think it would be surprising if the long term care you have been giving without a break for so long was not affecting your mental health. I just wondered if you have anyone coming to see you who was helping support you through this? My own GP was useless when I want...
If there are two trustees, has your daughter got 50% of the power? If so, why is the solicitor pretending he's got 100%? Jill
<t>I'm a widowed grumpy, constantly exhausted. I'm expected to be Superwoman. Knee replacement in October, Ombudsman investigating my local authority and care provider, mum in hospital until today. Having taken my son back to his flat this morning, round trip 40 miles, I had a call from the hospital...