[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
<t>I'm so sorry that this is all taking so long. It really bugs me that I'm expected to make endless phone calls emails letters etc, but could never have a career of my own. I studied for a Business Studies degree as a mature student in the hope of getting a job which could "make a difference". On g...
<t>In the last few years I've supported mum in law with Alzheimers, father in law with bowel cancer and my own father with prostate cancer, all now dead. I've had life saving surgery, found my husband dead in bed, been involved in a head on smash which wrote off a Range Rover! As a result I was left...
My long post explained how unhappy I was with the new doctor, but I'd been happy there for 40 years, the problems started when the old one retired.
<t>PRTC have also been incredibly helpful during my formal complaints to the care provider and the council. At first, they were concerned that they didn't understand the complexities of the case as I did. I explained that they were there to give me some moral support, and to take independent notes -...
It MUST have been colder in Doncaster than Bournemouth!
<t>My GP of 30 years retired a couple of years ago, he knew all my family, mum, dad, sister in law, brother, nephew, niece, and my disabled son. He would always ask me how I was, before finding out why I'd made a particular visit to him. After he retired he was replaced by a brash male South African...
Meg, that's a really interesting way of getting round bureaucracy!!
Might I suggest that you approach you local councillor. There used to be a principle of "Flexible Funding" in our County, which was designed to stop such craziness, by using common sense.
<t>I think that it's quite likely that things will change nationwide as a result. The care providers actually provide good care, however their systems are poor. Rather than say "Sorry, we got it wrong" they have been increasingly hostile and uncooperative. The social worker failed to act when he was...
<t>I was widowed five years ago, my husband died suddenly of a heart attack at the age of 58. I'm also part time carer for a disabled mum and a son with learning difficulties. Has anyone mentioned Way Up to you? It is an online forum, very similar to this one. Everyone is so caring and friendly, get...